Lightbridge Question

Reaction score
What, exactly, is the purpose of this lightbridge module?

Am I correct in my understanding that both radio control, and video will travel over the 2.4ghz rather than needing a separate 5.8ghz xmitter mounted on the drone for video?

Is the range better?

How would my controller connect to the unit? Is there a wiring diagram available? How about wiring on the drone side?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have been happily flying fpv free for the past year and a half, and now that I'm investigating upgrade paths, I realize the options are endless.

98bdd8289b95263d65e451d865d2fb9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a lightbridge1 - the p3 uses the mk2, which incorporates the control signals and is part of the remote controller. That one will not work on a p2 though, because the control system on that is also 2.4ghz, while the vision normally comes back at 2.4ghz for the p2v+, which has a 5.8ghz remote controller [just to confuse everyone]. You might as well just get a 5.8g video link from one of the model suppliers - foxtech, from memory, for a lot less.

Last edited:
What, exactly, is the purpose of this lightbridge module?
Am I correct in my understanding that both radio control, and video will travel over the 2.4ghz rather than needing a separate 5.8ghz xmitter mounted on the drone for video?
Is the range better?
You may as well get a P3 Advanced rather than considering an upgrade like that.
At the current sale price of US$799, you get free Lightbridge included with the P3.
Lightbridge gives perfect control and crystal clear 720p live view at 5 times the range of wifi used in previous systems.

That's a lightbridge1 - the p3 uses the mk2, which incorporates the control signals and is part of the remote controller. That one will not work on a p2 though, because the control system on that is also 2.4ghz, while the vision normally comes back at 2.4ghz for the p2v+, which has a 5.8ghz remote controller [just to confuse everyone]. You might as well just get a 5.8g video link from one of the model suppliers - foxtech, from memory, for a lot less.
These are from DJI's website. This lightbridge system is listed on the phantom 2 page.
4d1735df987b18f769b0d3d643df6695.jpg

The details state video and radio control.
39d98684cd225d7ccdb08d18cdf29de2.jpg

Therein lies my confusion.

You may as well get a P3 Advanced rather than considering an upgrade like that.
At the current sale price of US$799, you get free Lightbridge included with the P3.
Lightbridge gives perfect control and crystal clear 720p live view at 5 times the range of wifi used in previous systems.
I understand that, but I am happy with my P2, and I already have all of the accessories that go with my P2. I've spent roughly 3k on my entire package. That $799 is base price of the P3, does not cover any spare batteries, props, or anything else. Not to mention I would have to invest in a tablet to fly with telemetry on the DJI go app.

What is the range of this lightbridge?

Awesome, thank you. Can you answer any other of the original questions?
The unit you posted is Lightbridge 1
which was an add-on that could be bolted to a P2 or a custom drone.
The P3 Advanced and Pro have Lightbridge 2 built in.
It handles live video, telemetry and control signal over 2.4ghz and works like magic.

The unit you posted is Lightbridge 1
which was an add-on that could be bolted to a P2 or a custom drone.
The P3 Advanced and Pro have Lightbridge 2 built in.
It handles live video, telemetry and control signal over 2.4ghz and works like magic.
Could you point me in the direction of set up instructions?

Here is the manual. It may help you out - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/lightbridge/en/Lightbridge_User_Manual_v1.04_en.pdf

Here is the main page with details & links - DJI Lightbridge - revolutionary 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink

Hope there is something you can use there. Not many of us have experience with it because it was so expensive when it first came out and with the release of the P3 there wasn't much need for it unless you were building your own. LB2 is out now also.
Yea thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for.. Guess I overlooked the manual on the DJI website.

You mention the LB2 is out.. Is that only compatible with the P3?

Yea thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for.. Guess I overlooked the manual on the DJI website.

You mention the LB2 is out.. Is that only compatible with the P3?

Not sure on compatibility on the LB2. Navigate to it via that second link in my last post. ;)

Not sure on compatibility on the LB2. Navigate to it via that second link in my last post. ;)
Touché.. I suppose I should do some of my own footwork from time to time!

I've quickly gotten used to the vast knowledge of this forum that my own digging is sometimes forgotten [emoji6]

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Touché.. I suppose I should do some of my own footwork from time to time!

I've quickly gotten used to the vast knowledge of this forum that my own digging is sometimes forgotten [emoji6]

Teach a man to fish and all that rubbish :D

Reactions: JackTheTexan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik