Lightbridge Pixelation Question?

Reaction score
Lightbridge is fantastic and most of the time it delivers a crisp live picture on my iPad Air1 but sometimes the live picture becomes a bit low res and a bit pixelated - not a lot - but not as sharp as when it's crisp...

The HD signal strength is at max so what might cause that and what could I try to help it maintain a sharp image?

TIA Steve

Have you read the posts about hardware decode, there have been a few posts on this subject about the A7 chip. Blade as advised to enable hardware decode, but Ed has said not to so this is a bit up in the air at the moment. Try turning it on and see if things are any better, only had 30 mins flight time at the mo (which im sure your aware off :D) but i have had it of on my 3 flights and not had any problems so far. Im only on a mini 2 tho but its the same A7 chip. Might be worth a try.

Yes the decode is on as it's an iPad Air 1 - it's not a big problem as it's perfectly viewable. I just flew a quick 2000ft this evening - way into the distance!!

Gorgeous video - might post it in a bit...

Yea try switching it off which is what Ed states and see if that makes a difference. Mine is off and so far i have not had any problems, only gone out 1000mts or so at the mo but it was clitch free.

Metres, to turn off hardware decode click the top right icon in the app ( 4 dots), and then slide the enable hardware decode button over to the left. See how you go anyway as this on or off setting seems to be unclear at this stage. I have it set to off at the mo and if i get any problems i will turn it on and see what happens.

Also too if your battery gets too hot it'll effect the visual fidelity. Battery temps can be viewed under options and then select battery. I've noticed this with mine if flying very aggressively, during a really hot day, usually towards the last quarter of flight time when the battery has been running for a while.

Also too if your battery gets too hot it'll effect the visual fidelity. Battery temps can be viewed under options and then select battery. I've noticed this with mine if flying very aggressively, during a really hot day, usually towards the last quarter of flight time when the battery has been running for a while.

Thats good to know cheers, all though living in the cold UK i might not come across that problem more than i would hope. If that makes sense. LOL

Thats good to know cheers, all though living in the cold UK i might not come across that problem more than i would hope. If that makes sense. LOL

Makes perfect sense, wish I had some cooler temperatures lol. This hot muggy climate makes me not want to be outside plus the sun glare (even with a screen shade) is terrible.

Metres, to turn off hardware decode click the top right icon in the app ( 4 dots), and then slide the enable hardware decode button over to the left. See how you go anyway as this on or off setting seems to be unclear at this stage. I have it set to off at the mo and if i get any problems i will turn it on and see what happens.
Also available to Android?

I just did a test flight comparing my temperatures with Hardware Decode: Enabled vs Hardware Decode: Disabled. Both flights I flew 16 minutes each flying an aggressive flight profile going speeds of 30 MPH and continously varying altitude.

Enabled my battery temperature at the end of the flight was nearly 68+ degrees C and I experienced degraded video/pixelation. Also my motors were hot to the touch (almost burn worthy) after that flight. I have no way of measuring motor temperature or at least I don't think it's built into the app so I don't have exact temperatures for them sorry.

Disabled my battery maxed at 45 degrees C with perfect video quality. I didn't experience any hiccups or pixelation in the video. My motors at the end of the flight were warm at best, definitely noticeably cooler than the previous flight.

Tomorrow I plan on flying another comparison to confirm the results or see if it's a fluke. Being that I only have one battery it slows down testing (spare batteries hurry up!). Based off of these results though I know which option I'll go with in the future for sure.

Hardware decode has nothing to do with the craft. It's telling the idevice or droid device to decode the video stream on the gpu chip in the phone/tablet, instead of by software with the cpu.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20