Lightbridge on a P2

Wow! That's impressive! I guess the 70g overhead for the P2 end will be fine as you won't need a receiver or vTX.

Have DJI announced a release date for this?

Argh... blood (and wallet) boiling.... :twisted:

@goldfishrock: not sure about release date, but there are a bunch of ppl selling preorders on Ebay.

Don't forget about Ebay's 90-days limit though. If the release is delayed, you might be pushing it to Ebay's buyer protection\coverage period.

Found them. I better start saving.... and if my wife asks.... they only cost 50 quid ;-)

ginsonic said:
Work just with Vision version. Is in 2.4 GHz same as RC of Phantom 2 non-vision.

Don't think it will work with the Vision - the Vision's downlink is via wifi and there is no video output on the camera to plug anything into - P2 and anything else with a NAZA-M-V2 (plus the pro-line flight controllers) only I reckon...

Still, look at the Vision forum for some very interesting antenna mods where people are pushing control and video downlink towards the 3 or 4km mark. :shock:

This thing seems to run on TCP\IP over wifi... if so, that's gonna completely eliminate flyaways due to interference in the control channel. At most it'll lose the control channel and trigger failsafe\rth.

Well, that or hackers :mrgreen:

LeoS said:
This thing seems to run on TCP\IP over wifi... if so, that's gonna completely eliminate flyaways due to interference in the control channel. At most it'll lose the control channel and trigger failsafe\rth.

Well, that or hackers :mrgreen:

If it's IP based, that is really cool. But, I'd be curious to know how that impacts range. I'd guess the P2V FPV is a good reference point if you factor in the diversity set up. I recognize those antennas as well. They're good. As for interference, I am curious as to the impact there as well. Not sure it would help or hinder. IP packets can be just as easily blocked over Wi-Fi as with a proprietary digital format. Furthermore, Wi-Fi doesn't have any concept of frequency hopping built-in to it. You can retrofit it, but it would be crude and too slow for this type of application.

As for security, there's a slew of things to think about. SSID broadcasting for one. Spoofing. Open ports. Denial of service. Here's a nice little proof of concept where a Phantom strapped with a little piece of WiFi hacking hardware was used to kill a Parrott ARdrone:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1Bpy5ccPU[/youtube]

All that said, I am drooling over Lightbridge. Wow!

if only they would combine this with the iOS ground station, I'd be sold. The other downside is that while it says it works with iOS, they only list samsung devices. between the cost of the unit and the cost of a samsung phone, it becomes a little too much for a $900 toy quad. Plus I'm not sure its really designed for the Phantom. Yes he is using it on a phantom but it requires the hdmi cable out of the side of the gopro to complete the task. This is going to ruin the balance of the zenmuse. Perhaps we will see an updated zenmuse that will take an HDMI signal out of the gopro.

side note. I'd pay $2,500 for a phantom with the light bridge and ground station built in with an HDMI output zenmuse. I would love to see them go that route.

This gadget is cool for new DJI S100 and not for a Phantom (to expensive). Cost around 1400 euro.

Will worth for a DSLR camera and not GoPro imho.

Pricing\value is so subjective...

If you currently own a gigantic S1000, you'd probably be willing to pay $1000s to get something smaller, more nimble and portable for trips.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1