Lightbridge lag

Reaction score
Received my P3P today, latest firmware, IMU calibrated and compass calibrated. It flies great, but there is a great lag from the quad to the phone and tablet, tried both samsung s5 and samsung galaxy tab s.
I`m flying in a neigberhood will it be better if I`m in the middle of the forest?

Is there anything I can do to get it better?

best regards

Welcome to the club.

This has been an issue with many P3 owners on both the Android and iOS devices since firmware 1.1.9, which came out in the beginning of June.
The latest 1.2.x did not address it either.

DJi is aware and many of us are awaiting the fix. Many, including myself, have had partial success by disabling Google Play services and removing or stopping all apps. Not an ideal solution and it does not smooth the FPV video display as it was in 1.1.8.

It is a long read, but you'll find you are not alone.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=16777&page=1#pid145356

Reason number one why I did not and will not update my firmware. My app keeps telling me the drone needs a firmware update but I'm not doing it. The drone flies just fine as is.

buying the ipad mini 2 completely cured the lag I had with my samsung Android, Sadly computer controlled devices are no longer standard so it might be an expensive try for you.

I use 1.1.9 and have almost no lag (I posted a video on this).

Go into settings and the HD icon. Click Custom and reduce the video feed to 4 mb/s.

Some people said I should update some people not. I thought it would work and did it, not exactly sure its because of the update I didnt`t try to fly before I updated it.
Sent a complain to DJI now as many people on forums say we should.

I`m clicking on the HD icon but there is no such thing as coustom as I can see,
but I`m not connected to the phantom due to it`s charging right now. Maybe that`s the reason.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20