LightBridge Interference

Reaction score
Hi all , I was flying with my group of friends and I realized I was getting heavy interference from their Dx6i's it was so much of a problem that I'd lose video feed for several seconds. Any thoughts? The signal diagnostic didn't show too much interference. Before you ask , yes , my Tx was on Trainer mode

From how I understand it:

• DSMX came out first and then DSM2.
    DSMX might be a bit more of a problem sharing the 2.4ghz band than DSM2.

Also, how close were the other people standing around you using their RC transmitters ?

This can possibly occur: affecting your WiFi receive sensitivity circuits.

• Just because other devices are on another channel in the 2.4ghz band does not mean they don't affect each other.
    The WiFi Repeater must receive and transmit. Any other RF energy in the 2.4ghz band can affect how well the WiFi receiver circuit can listen.

This is why DJI moved the RC Control for the P2V to 5.8ghz so the WiFi video can have a quieter 2.4ghz band usage; it can hear (listen) better; thus increased range.

garrock said:
From how I understand it:

• DSMX came out first and then DSM2.
    DSMX might be a bit more of a problem sharing the 2.4ghz band than DSM2.

Also, how close were the other people standing around you using their RC transmitters ?

This can possibly occur: affecting your WiFi receive sensitivity circuits.

• Just because other devices are on another channel in the 2.4ghz band does not mean they don't affect each other.
    The WiFi Repeater must receive and transmit. Any other RF energy in the 2.4ghz band can affect how well the WiFi receiver circuit can listen.

This is why DJI moved the RC Control for the P2V to 5.8ghz so the WiFi video can have a quieter 2.4ghz band usage; it can hear (listen) better; thus increased range.
Thanks for that explanation, I'm trying to figure out a solution to my 1400$ lightbridge solution. Video keeps breaking up.

By "breaking up", do you mean it goes all fuzzy, all blue, black w/no video? If it goes black with no video for a few seconds from time to time, I have experienced the same problem. I was sure it's with the application itself. Nonetheless, I did take off the panel antennas and started using the simple wire antennas - extending them out under the back two arms about 1 inch under them (keeps the wind from causing them to fluctuate.) To do this I simply used white electricians tape cut in half along the long axis of the tape - then wrapping the wire around the leg enough to support the antennas sticking outward under the arms.

With the panel antennas I was getting about 1600 feet for distance before losing signal. Last week, with the new setup and the simple wire antennas, I was getting 10,000 feet. Weirdly, after 4,000 feet the video strength indicator was "10"....and stayed that way from 4,000 feet to 10,144 feet, which is where RTH kicked in. No video loss at all during the entire flight.

I was always under the assumption the panel antennas were the best to use. But, the different antennas and the new mounting setup increased my range DRAMATICALLY....and also seemed to solve my video going out for a few seconds every minute or so. So much for me thinking it was the app.

What are you using to view the live feed from your Lightbridge?

isky172 said:
By "breaking up", do you mean it goes all fuzzy, all blue, black w/no video? If it goes black with no video for a few seconds from time to time, I have experienced the same problem. I was sure it's with the application itself. Nonetheless, I did take off the panel antennas and started using the simple wire antennas - extending them out under the back two arms about 1 inch under them (keeps the wind from causing them to fluctuate.) To do this I simply used white electricians tape cut in half along the long axis of the tape - then wrapping the wire around the leg enough to support the antennas sticking outward under the arms.

With the panel antennas I was getting about 1600 feet for distance before losing signal. Last week, with the new setup and the simple wire antennas, I was getting 10,000 feet. Weirdly, after 4,000 feet the video strength indicator was "10"....and stayed that way from 4,000 feet to 10,144 feet, which is where RTH kicked in. No video loss at all during the entire flight.

I was always under the assumption the panel antennas were the best to use. But, the different antennas and the new mounting setup increased my range DRAMATICALLY....and also seemed to solve my video going out for a few seconds every minute or so. So much for me thinking it was the app.

What are you using to view the live feed from your Lightbridge?

Hey there thanks for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I'm using the panel antennas but I can assure you that it's not the app as the interference starts only when my friends turn on their dx6is. The interference is the kind where the video just freezes and it doesn't responds for several tens of seconds after. The control however is fine. I'll try using your setup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20