Lightbridge confusion

Reaction score
Ok I am not the brightest bulb in the tree but I don't get this one. DJI is selling lightbridge by itself. And they are charging the same price as you can buy a P3P or P3A for. Someone make some sense out of this. Why would anyone pay full price for the RC with lightbridge as they would for the drone and RC? Is it just me or am I missing something?

look how much a camera is

And you can get the LightBridge 2 for the same cost as the P4 which leads me to my question, what they heck is in the P4 as it doesn't say LB??? So confused on that one.

They can price it that way because people will pay. If you are building an s1000 or some other $10k plus rig to put a decent camera in the sky the stand alone lightbridge tech is a very good solution and attractive at the price. If your DJI and you can do it economically you build your lightbridge solution into the phantom as it gives you a point of dirrerence in the market and increases sales. Simple business.

They can price it that way because people will pay. If you are building an s1000 or some other $10k plus rig to put a decent camera in the sky the stand alone lightbridge tech is a very good solution and attractive at the price. If your DJI and you can do it economically you build your lightbridge solution into the phantom as it gives you a point of dirrerence in the market and increases sales. Simple business.
Yeah, but why would anyone buy the one that doesn't come with a free Phantom or is it not useable outside of the Phantom it comes with?

Im gonna say probably because if you could get it out of the phantom you would still need the ground station part unless you can get your custom rig paired to the phantom remote. Seems to be a lot of rooting around and you would be left with a useless phantom.

The Lightbridge technology, when it was first introduced, came as a stand alone part or add-on. It came out about 6 months after the Phantom II release.

Reactions: Digdat0
Now I understand. I didn't think of that. I told you I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Thanks for enlightenment.

Lightbridge has its own market and DJI can encash it at hefty price.

... and from what I remember on a podcast (multirotor) it was still limited compared to the phantom 3.

The P4 Lightbridge is the same as the P3 Lightbridge - neither is Lightbridge 2.
Correct if we are looking at the technology and power only.

The lightbridge device alone (1or 2) as a hardware is more powerfull and you can't compare it with the P3 ,P4 or I1 embedded lightbridge.The picture quality is much much better and also supports full HD 1080 p broadcast video transmission quallity at 60 fps.

The lightbridge device alone (1or 2) as a hardware is more powerfull and you can't compare it with the P3 ,P4 or I1 embedded lightbridge.The picture quality is much much better and also supports full HD 1080 p broadcast video transmission quallity at 60 fps.
You got different wifi routers, some have less range and others have more. It's because they are designed to drive more power out. Same case is with external lightbridge and embedded light bridge.

You got different wifi routers, some have less range and others have more. It's because they are designed to drive more power out. Same case is with external lightbridge and embedded light bridge.
Are we dealing with antenna gain advantage here? According to specs both do 100mw EIRP on 2.4 ghz band. And both look like wifi on spectrum analyser with 20mhz Channel width. The diff may be more in the 1080 resolution and LB2 being able to broadcast to multiple ground stations simultaneously.

Are we dealing with antenna gain advantage here? According to specs both do 100mw EIRP on 2.4 ghz band. And both look like wifi on spectrum analyser with 20mhz Channel width. The diff may be more in the 1080 resolution and LB2 being able to broadcast to multiple ground stations simultaneously.
Lightbridge 1 also can broadcast to multiple ground stations simultaneously.Believe it or not i have more fan flying my P2 with LB than my inspire or P3 or P4.I custom mound the ground station of the LB 1 behind my futaba radio and i've also made a custom mount for the DBS itelite antenna to the futaba 14sg radio,i also replace the two small 2,5 db panel antennas of the LB air unit with two 5 db small panel antennas.With this setup i fly my P2 5KM distance with rock solid video 1080 p quality and i could fly further but i decide to turn back due to the battery limitations.Next step is the extra batteries modifications.And the best of all you know what it is?I have the old software 1,08 to the P2 without any restrictions at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues