Lightbridge and Waypoints

Reaction score
I have confirmed that the Lightbridge and 2.4GHZ Groundstation (BT to IPAD App) are not compatible

I was using the GS with my S1000/A2 for accurate waypoint flying for aerial work and had a GS installed on the P2 as well.

So is LB technically capable of supporting Waypoints? If so does anybody know if this something DJI are considering? Would this be similar to the PV2 Waypoints people are talking about?

Lots of unknowns and 2 x £120 quids worth of 2.4 Ghz GS kit going spare

/DB

I'm just as disappointed about this. I guess technically the 900 mhz ground station will work with it from what I've read, but too much for my P2, and don't like the computer interface vs iPad. DJI never answered my question about waypoints in lightbridge app

I actually started flying the phantom 2 installed with both the LB and the 2.4 datalink without realizing that you cannot operate the Lighbridge with the 2.4 datalink. What happened is that the signal from the LB was almost completely lost, the program shut down , and also i kept losing the GPS signal on the ground station. The ground station also stopped working and would not fly the waypoints i programmed. What i believe will work, and i will try it, is to use the 900LK because this uses a different frequency. I know its not as convenient as the IPAD version and all (the 2.4 datalink) but the 900 LK actually has a longer range so it may, in fact, be even the better option to use anyway.

Good news on doing waypoints using the Phantom 2 and the Lightbridge, it works! You need to use the 900lk which is the other datalink that DJI sells. I believe this one was the original one they came out with and it is not as user friendly as the 2.4 datalink but it still works the same way, and, no interference.

I asked this questions:

I keep seeing this description in this forum as well as others for the lightbridge:

Waypoint navigation and telemetry to phone or tablet

Can the lightbridge do waypoint navigation with a tablet or with the PC?

Received this response from DJI Support/Testing:

Currently we have no information on this.. I think they are working on base functions of the lightbridge and then work on some bells and whistles. We haven't even heard of a beta for this function, so it's going to be a while. Once again this is speculation on my part.

Skunky said:
I asked this questions:

I keep seeing this description in this forum as well as others for the lightbridge:

Waypoint navigation and telemetry to phone or tablet

Can the lightbridge do waypoint navigation with a tablet or with the PC?

Received this response from DJI Support/Testing:

Currently we have no information on this.. I think they are working on base functions of the lightbridge and then work on some bells and whistles. We haven't even heard of a beta for this function, so it's going to be a while. Once again this is speculation on my part.

"bells and whistles"... wow

DocSteveMaxi said:
Good news on doing waypoints using the Phantom 2 and the Lightbridge, it works! You need to use the 900lk which is the other datalink that DJI sells. I believe this one was the original one they came out with and it is not as user friendly as the 2.4 datalink but it still works the same way, and, no interference.

I wonder why the 900LK costs $500+ as opposed to $100-200 for the 2.4Ghz version (which comes with the BTU). It makes no sense. :?

i thought that was very unusual as well , the cost difference. I know the 900 LK was the original version and maybe that was the price back then and then they just left it at the $500

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers