Lightbridge and P2 radio explained simply

Reaction score
LB works with 2.4G channel for vehicle control AND video transmission.

The P2 radio is 2.4G but does not have a trainer plug.*

Thus the P2 radio cannot be used with LB due to interference.**, ***

When a non-2.4G radio is used, there are 2 options:
1. radio transmission is turned OFF on the radio and LB performs BOTH vehicle control and video.
2. radio transmission is kept ON on the radio and LB is used only for video.

* The trainer plug is required to send vehicle control input from the radio to the LB.

** The possibility of DJI developing an adapter to use the USB port on the P2 radio as a trainer is unclear.

*** The P2 radio's USB port can relay radio input information, but the transmission of 2.4G data through the radio's antenna must ALSO be turned off as it would interfere with the LB 2.4G band.

I would think they could make an adapter to be able to use the usb connection as a trainer port. Cancelling out the 2.4ghz coming out of the controller could be a simple firmware update. After the firmware is updated they could make an option in the RC assist to switch to LB and turn off 2.4ghz output. I am sure it is a matter of time before this is done. Now only if they would lower the price of the **** thing!! :lol:

Hello,

My Setup P2 + H3-3D + Lightbridge Setup on the original 2,4GHz TX/RX.

The issue i am facing is my P2 after the Lightbridge setup, flying for 50m or more at times the P2 loses signal between the TX/RX and on the DJI Lightbridge software says signal lost and does a straight return to home !!!

please advise if i can use a Turnigy 9XR with the P2 and link it to the Lightbridge as the Turnigy has a trainers port. Don’t want to spend some massive amount on buying a new Controller.

masterfaiz said:
Hello,

The issue i am facing is my P2 after the Lightbridge setup, flying for 50m or more at times the P2 loses signal between the TX/RX and on the DJI Lightbridge software says signal lost and does a straight return to home !!!

please advise if i can use a Turnigy 9XR with the P2 and link it to the Lightbridge as the Turnigy has a trainers port. Don’t want to spend some massive amount on buying a new Controller.

How did you get it to work with the 2.4GHz TX/RX?

justinliller said:
masterfaiz said:
Hello,

How did you get it to work with the 2.4GHz TX/RX?

He didn't. It doesn't work with a separate 2.4 GHz control link because the two systems interfere even at short range, as he described.

A while ago I bought RealFlight to learn flying R/C choppers in simulation saving on replacement parts.

The soft came with a Futaba minimal controller with a training port, a USB plug as only source of power and no radio ability at all. Can this controller be used with Lightbridge?

Maher

I've never heard of a minimal controller but you're going to need something with at least 6 channels. I don't suggest skimping when it comes to a controller. Think of it, you're spending $1400 just on video transmitter.

shaunmed said:
I've never heard of a minimal controller but you're going to need something with at least 6 channels. I don't suggest skimping when it comes to a controller. Think of it, you're spending $1400 just on video transmitter.

Yes, but if you need a whole knew high-end controller, the ticket for the LightBridge climbed around $2K.

My minimal controller have 2 switches with 2 positions and 1 switch with 3 positions plus an rotary wheel and 4 trim switches. The 3 positions switch is labelled as a Ch. 8 mode. It didn't have a self-centering stick on the left side, and it is called an Interlink Elite Controller by Futaba : http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4500.html

maher said:
shaunmed said:

Yes, but if you need a whole knew high-end controller, the ticket for the LightBridge climbed around $2K.

My minimal controller have 2 switches with 2 positions and 1 switch with 3 positions plus an rotary wheel and 4 trim switches. The 3 positions switch is labelled as a Ch. 8 mode. It didn't have a self-centering stick on the left side, and it is called an Interlink Elite Controller by Futaba : http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4500.html

I imagine it can work if its programmable. is it? I dont see a screen.

maher said:
shaunmed said:
I imagine it can work if its programmable. is it? I dont see a screen.

Doh! I didn't think about that. No screen and no programming since they keep it minimal to bring cost down...

Ya in that case I'm pretty sure you cant use it b/c there's no way to allot the channels to the specific function you want them to control.

Trust me I went through the same thing before i finally broke down and bought a 14SG. I was trying to make a Spektrum DX6i work. DJI first listed it on their approved transmitter list but then quietly removed it. Save yourself the hassle and but a 14SG. Of course then you have the hassle of learning how to program it which is a whole new can of worms. But if I can do it (with A LOT of help from people on this forum) anyone can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers