Light bridge lag

Reaction score
Today when I started flying I was getting a very big lag while using lightbridge. All my settings were Green but I kept getting a lag on screen. Any ideas?

Today when I started flying I was getting a very big lag while using lightbridge. All my settings were Green but I kept getting a lag on screen. Any ideas?
Perhaps a warm day and an overheating phone/tablet?

Reactions: JoBe

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? Yesterday was my first flights out of the box and I was experiencing the same. I would restart the app and seemed to help for awhile. Didn't know if it was the IPad, the app, or perhaps a bit of both? I did notice the I Pad Mini 3 getting extremely warm, albeit about 100 F in the N. Texas area this day. I checked the HD channels, channel 20 was selected in the Auto mode. Another note, my flights were in a suburban area with frequency traffic probably running wild as well as having a cell tower withing approx .5-.75 miles away, visible.

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? Yesterday was my first flights out of the box and I was experiencing the same. I would restart the app and seemed to help for awhile. Didn't know if it was the IPad, the app, or perhaps a bit of both? I did notice the I Pad Mini 3 getting extremely warm, albeit about 100 F in the N. Texas area this day. I checked the HD channels, channel 20 was selected in the Auto mode. Another note, my flights were in a suburban area with frequency traffic probably running wild as well as having a cell tower withing approx .5-.75 miles away, visible.
Your tablet is overheating...

If you have a case on the tablet, take it off. Otherwise, stand in the shade :)

There are a few DIY mods around if you search the forums.

If you have a case on the tablet, take it off. Otherwise, stand in the shade :)

There are a few DIY mods around if you search the forums.

Nope it's bare naked..Hmm, and I thought I did my research, having just bought the I Pad Mini 3 as my choice.

Nope it's bare naked..Hmm, and I thought I did my research, having just bought the I Pad Mini 3 as my choice.
You weren't wrong. These things were never designed to decode 720p video at max brightness for 20 mins straight in 100 degree weather. It's a problem for anyone trying it.

You weren't wrong. These things were never designed to decode 720p video at max brightness for 20 mins straight in 100 degree weather. It's a problem for anyone trying it.

Yeah, I guess that makes since. So if a choose a lesser video quality for lightbridge, is this also the video quality that will be captured on the sd card if I begin videoing? Sorry for the newbie question, still trying to iron out the settings.

Yeah, I guess that makes since. So if a choose a lesser video quality for lightbridge, is this also the video quality that will be captured on the sd card if I begin videoing? Sorry for the newbie question, still trying to iron out the settings.
Nope. Camera and video feed are independent.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Does that mean lightbridge is always 720P, or do I have the option to lessen the quality?
If channel is on auto select, it adjust for you. If you do the channel hack you can pick your own. Search for the hack. Or strap a cold pack to the back of your device.

Reactions: TCW
If channel is on auto select, it adjust for you. If you do the channel hack you can pick your own. Search for the hack. Or strap a cold pack to the back of your device.

Thank You Sir, I will look into those options. I've already been considering going for the Channel Mod, maybe this will tip me that way..

same problem here...
so if i buy the hdmi port and send the video to a blackpearl monitor the lag would be solved?

thanks!

same problem here...
so if i buy the hdmi port and send the video to a blackpearl monitor the lag would be solved?

thanks!
This works. Less lag, if the app stops working you still have full video, less stress on your mobile device if you put it in map mode.

Reactions: JoBe
This works. Less lag, if the app stops working you still have full video, less stress on your mobile device if you put it in map mode.
thanks oso.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20