LIGHT BRIDGE IN PV2+

Yes. DJI has a forum about it. http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Using_ ... ightbridge

You will need either the new P2V+ v3 controller (with trainer port) or a Futuba with a trainer port.
There are some cables you need to get.

The price tag of $1299, plus cables, plus upgraded controller (for me), plus Zeiss Cinemizer goggles makes this a little out of the range of my "sand box fund", but I'd love to do it.

DrJoe said:
Yes. DJI has a forum about it. http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Using_ ... ightbridge

You will need either the new P2V+ v3 controller (with trainer port) or a Futuba with a trainer port.
There are some cables you need to get.

The price tag of $1299, plus cables, plus upgraded controller (for me), plus Zeiss Cinemizer goggles makes this a little out of the range of my "sand box fund", but I'd love to do it.

thank you... hope theres a video more easier to understand how they do it.

varmint thank you.... i am using apple product... i think lightbridge will run only in windows and android. right?

Mannyx said:
varmint thank you.... i am using apple product... i think lightbridge will run only in windows and android. right?

The Lightbridge app is available on both Apple iOS and Android platform.

DJI Lightbridge App for iOS v1.0.8 (beta)
http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download

I went through the Lightbridge manual and there doesn't appear to be a way to preserve control of the Vision+ camera. Reading the manual, I think Lightbridge will transmit video and flight telemetry data and maybe allow gimbal control, but not provide camera control (starting/stopping video, exposure compensation, SD card formatting etc).

Also, installing Lightbridge into the Vision+ will only transmit Standard Definition resolution video, as the Vision+ camera video outside is standard analog AV not High-definition video. As long as you're aware of that.

Oh sorry, yeah, that's right, When I read "camera control" I was thinking "gimbal control"' but you're absolutrly right, you wont be able to adjust camera settings, nor will you get HD video. Sort of defeats the purpose, IMO.

i just bought a LB myself becuase they were down to $999 at atlanta hobby, but I wont be installing it on my P2V+, I'm building a P2 around a NAZA M V2 I had lying around.

Mopar Bob said:
Varmit, that price of $999, is that recent. I just checked their web site and it $1400 bucks like everyone else.

It wasn't advertized as like a Black Friday sale or anything, but yeah it was recent (the 27th of Nov). I was shocked at the price, and I'm really sorry to see it's no longer available. As a side note, that purchase of over $1000 earned me a whopping $0.40 in electron reward points. I bet if you purchased a house from Atlanta Hobby, you could walk away with a free lunch at McDonnalds.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 411
You say you don't get HD, but standard video is significantly better than the lousy WiFi signal. Am I correct? To prevent latency issues with the stock setup, I need to bring my quality down to 320x240. Everything is a blur to me even using a tablet. The only reason I am planning to go with LB is to improve my FPV enough to actually see what the heck I am doing. Am I all wet on this? I really don't want to waste another $1400 and not get a significant improvement.

Mopar Bob said:
You say you don't get HD, but standard video is significantly better than the lousy WiFi signal. Am I correct?

I haven't actually seen it coming out of the LB, but SD in this context is probably EDTV 480p (NTSC). At best you're going to get 640x480, but I *assume* the frame rate will be rock solid 30fps at that resolution, and will have less compression (there's a lot of assumptions there, mind you). As to whether it will be "better" than the stock wifi setup, the resolution will be the same maximum (640x480), but there would likely be less compression, which would result in a better image, and certainly longer range.

However if you really want my advice, based on the fact that you're currently running at 320x, I would first try upgrading your antennas to an FPVLR stage 2 on the pilot side, and a couple of pinwheels on the Phantom. Combined with a wifi booster app, you should be able to run very solid 640x480x30 out to nearly 1.5 or 2 KM, and all for around $200.

Adding a lightbridge to a P2V+ just doesn't make sense. If you really want a great, HD picture, then you need a P2 with a GoPro and Zenmuse to pair the LB with.

if i will use LB in my PV2+ where can i control my camera if i want to use it for photography?

Mannyx said:
if i will use LB in my PV2+ where can i control my camera if i want to use it for photography?

Most likely if you install Lightbridge on the Vision+, the only way you'll be able to control the camera (not the gimbal) is through the physical photo, video start/stop button on the gimbal.

In other words, you will have no way to control the camera while it is flying.

Sorry if that bursts your bubble. I suggest reading the Lightbridge manual (download the PDF) and understand what this system does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers