Lift The Ban!

Reaction score
Support me in trying to lift the ban on flying in our National Parks System. Without input from the public the NPS has arbitrarily placed a ban on flying at ALL National Parks.

This was supposed to be the summer of the ‘drone’ yet the golden age of drones may, in fact, be over before it got started if we continue to stand by and let regulations impede out flying.

I fly to photograph I’m not really interested in the flying part. If I couldn't carry a camera I wouldn’t be involved in the sport.

Our National Parks have some of the most amazing landscapes and vistas in the world, yet those that fly are prevented from photographing this beauty.

I get the whole FAA exclusion when it comes to area of the NPS that overlap yet there are tens of millions of acres that are not near airports that are off limits because of this ban.

Here’s the link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...arks-service-lift-ban-electric-rotor-aircraft

It needs 150 signatures to be searchable, 100,000 to require a response from the White House. The deadline is June 25th.

Summer is here let’s fly!

Because the National Parks are for all to enjoy. Everyone should have the ability to comment on what goes on. Arbitrary bans without comment should not be allowed. Have fun flying at the local land fill.

Because the National Parks are for all to enjoy.
Exactly.. And to enjoy it without flying robots buzzing around scaring the animals and bugging the guests.

Everyone should have the ability to comment on what goes on. Arbitrary bans without comment should not be allowed.
Nobody is stopping you from commenting.. It's not an arbitrary ban.. That's my point of my last post.. It's a ban on all aircraft that's been around a lot longer than drones have. Your drone is an aircraft.

Have fun flying at the local land fill.
Haven't operated my drone at one of those yet... And I am having a blast.. And I'm not whining like a little girl.

I have mixed feelings about National Parks. I agree 100% with you that the ban covers _way_ too much area. There are such small areas of National Parks that are popular and such huge sections where there is no one for miles and miles. What is the harm in flying away from anyone... miles away. But I do agree that drones should be banned in certain areas. Areas where there is heavy traffic. However, they would still need to ban take off and landing from a wide area around those areas. Otherwise people could simply take off from a launch area and fly into the populated areas. Could people really be expected to know all of these areas?

Here is what I'm hoping. I hope if a ranger saw someone flying miles away from anyone that the ranger might simply ignore the flight or perhaps just give them a warning and walk away. Not make a big deal of it. Having a rule is one thing but understanding how to apply it is another.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.