Lift battery when inserting

Reaction score
Please, please forgive me if this is common knowledge or if you've read this a hundred times before. I have read thousands of posts and not seen it mentioned once, and the search function is, well, not too swift.
I know there are battery connection issues. I had them several times with my first Phantom Vision, which ran away and hid almost 3 months ago... the battery would dislodge slightly, and sometimes come out with even a minor mishap. I have no idea whether that was a factor in the mysterious tragic disappearance of P2V #1.

You have to lift the backside of the battery as you insert it to make it go in evenly and get both the top clip and bottom clip to seat firmly with no gap. I've found it makes a significant difference and no more battery fall-out with P2V #2 or P2V+ #1. If you just let the battery ride the rails as you put it in, it can be on the rails but not seated right. When inserting the battery you have to neutralize the force of gravity by lifting up a little as you push the battery in.

I apologize in advance if what I'm about to ask has been asked & answered, or if it is something addressed in the 75 pg manual which I will eventually get to read cover to cover, but is it recommended the battery be removed whenever not actually out flying or is it OK to leave it intact within the drone for short periods of time?

Thanks much.

Well it comes in the box with it in the slot so DJI must think it's ok to leave it in there for at least as long as it takes to get from them to us.

Personally I take mine out cause I read somewhere in a forum somewhere that it relieves any stress on the contacts. And of course I believe everything I read on the internet.

It is perfectly fine to leave the battery installed. It is a Smartcell and the circuitry literally disconnects it from the Phantom when its off. It comes already pre-installed in the Phantom, which should tell you it is safe.

Dirty Bird said:
It is perfectly fine to leave the battery installed. It is a Smartcell and the circuitry literally disconnects it from the Phantom when its off. It comes already pre-installed in the Phantom, which should tell you it is safe.

As others have stated many times on the phantom vision forum previous to this model
Its not about the battery charge its the connections
it is best to not store with the battery in for long periods as the date pins have small springs in them and
being compressed MAY cause them to lose the spring tension and this MAY lead to a data pin lose during flight.
Not saying you cant leave in to run to the park but not good idea to store long term.

skyhighdiver said:
Dirty Bird said:

As others have stated many times on the phantom vision forum previous to this model
Its not about the battery charge its the connections
it is best to not store with the battery in for long periods as the date pins have small springs in them and
being compressed MAY cause them to lose the spring tension and this MAY lead to a data pin lose during flight.
Not saying you cant leave in to run to the park but not good idea to store long term.

+1. I would not keep it stored with the battery in it long term.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj