LiFepo4 help

Reaction score
Greetings, I need expert advise.
I want to purchase this battery a, 12volt 50Ah Lithium LiFePO4 for field work but I am not really sure if the iCharger 106B+ will charge it.
The spec sheets for the 106B+ (Lithium (LiPo/Lilo/Life) battery cell count: 1-6 series) so is the "Life" the same as LifePO4?
Hope this is not a stupid question.

I sure can't answer your tech question........But i can tell you this....." No questions here are stupid ". seeking advice is better then terrible troubles down the road IF you don't ask questions...Hope some one can HELP you soon.

LiFe battery is LiFePo..... basically same.

Greetings, just spoke to a company rep that sells the iCharger B106+ and he was very non committal about the charger being able to be used on this LiFepo4 battery, quoting balance ports etc which the specs on the battery say it has built in.
Can I have some input please.
I thought it would work but now worried !!!
I have the correct Lifepo4 charging set up in the car while traveling but want to use the B106+ which I own for use when home between trips to pre charge etc.

Battery is below with spec's
AMPTRON 50AH Lifepo4

AMPTRON® lithium batteries have a built-in Battery Protection System (BPS) designed to prevent damage to the cells from almost any external accidental occurrence that would normally cause damage. The internal BPS will automatically disconnect to prevent damage to the cells if the battery drains below 10 volts. It will automatically reconnect when the charger is turned on. This protects
the battery from over-discharging and damaging the cells. This technology also protects the battery from overcharge, short circuit and reverse polarity.
Internal Features:

• Low Voltage Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects at 10V
  • Over Voltage Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects at 14.6V
  • Short Circuit Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects
  • Reverse Polarity Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects
  • Internal cell balancing - Automatically balances cells
  • Charge Balancing - Independent balancing for multiple batteries connected in parallel or in series.
  • This Battery Protection System is designed to last throughout the life of the battery and provide reliable power for thousands of cycles.
CELL BALANCING
The BMS balances the cells by sending more current through the length way circuit boards and into cells with a lower voltage. The BMS will also discharge cells that exceed 3.65V during charging.

THERMAL FUSE
Internal Cell Safety Fuse
Our latest cell technology is manufactured with a internal thermal safety fuse between the anode and cathode that will break and disconnect in the unlikely event the cell would begin to overheat.

SAFETY VENT
High pressure safety vent
Each cell has a high pressure safety vent that will flip open to release energy and prevent explosion.

ELECTROLYTE
Flame Retardant Electrolyte
Our cells are manufactured with our patented flame retardant additive in our electrolyte.

EXPLOSION PROOF
Explosion proof Nickel plated steel
Every AMPTRON® cell is manufactured in our explosion proof Nickel plated steel cylindrical case.

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues