Lichti Waypoint video question

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have a new Phantom 3 Standard and getting my head around it all. Think I've got the waypoints down pat with Litchi but I'm trying to work out why the footage is so jerky at the waypoints even when it's set on curved. I was expecting a lot smoother transition between the points but it's really sudden and sharp as you can see in the video.

See this video;

For this waypoint map.

Any ideas or suggestions? The path seems smooth enough but I guess I really need a Heading Mode to be the flight direction rather than towards the next waypoint?

Double-check individual waypoints, even when curved is set as a starting preference it sometimes isn't applied to each waypoint. Open them and see. Also it looks like you might not be leaving enough space between waypoints for anything but a sharp turn.

I would say your waypoints are too close, have you tried curved turns and align the curve with the track corners?

I've had a quick look at the same track on Litchi, I would do it with spaced out waypoints and use the curve size (highlighted) to go smoothly round some of the corners.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Drone_King
Also, set 'interpolate' in the waypoints. It will then gradually transition from one POI to the next.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a crack

Also, set 'interpolate' in the waypoints. It will then gradually transition from one POI to the next.

I was under the impressions the interpolate was for the vertical pitch of the gimble and not the horizontal rotation?

It is, but everything goes into making the transitions as smooth as possible. Do you also have "managed" set. That causes the gimbal (or bird) to rotate in the shortest direction to point to the POI, again could help smooth out the transitions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20