Lichti no good for Phantom 3 Standard and 4k?

Reaction score
Just read on the Lichti website that if you lose signal with a Phantom 3 Standard or 4k, while using the Lichti app, you're screwed, it won't return home.

Why in the world?

Doesn't this make the Lichti app useless for us Standard and 4K users?

The point of the Lichti app is to use Waypoint and have it return home after the mission, right?

I;ve lost signal many times during a Litchi waypoint mission, usually at the furthest waypoint fro my homepoint, bird returns to my last waypoint as programmed & then does what its told to do, in my case I have it, "hover in place" as I always plug my last waypoint very close to my home or starting point.

I;ve lost signal many times during a Litchi waypoint mission, usually at the furthest waypoint fro my homepoint, bird returns to my last waypoint as programmed & then does what its told to do, in my case I have it, "hover in place" as I always plug my last waypoint very close to my home or starting point.

Do you have the standard?

Flying a P3Adv.
I hardly ever use the DJI go app , I like the ability to plan a mission in the comfort of my kitchen table & then go to my fav. locations to fly

I had a standard and I flew with Litchi and never had a problem. I would fly missions that would cause the drone to lose signal with the transmitter on several occasions. I would get nervous, but then, much to my delight, the transmitter would say that it had regain connection with the drone.

Reactions: Brayan2134
I had a standard and I flew with Litchi and never had a problem. I would fly missions that would cause the drone to lose signal with the transmitter on several occasions. I would get nervous, but then, much to my delight, the transmitter would say that it had regain connection with the drone.

Any idea why the Litchi website says this.

"Warning - When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead."

Help - Litchi

"Warning - When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead."

Help - Litchi
Perhaps the folks in the P3S/4K forum have more knowledge about the issue than the folks here in the P3A/P3P forum.

Help - Litchi
I believe what it saying is while Litchi is flying a mission the drone will not fly home if the signal is lost, it will complete the programmed mission. Not sure about the hover comment.
When flying manually in the Litchi app it allows you to set "Signal Lost Behavior for Manual Flying".
Hope this helps.

Just read on the Lichti website that if you lose signal with a Phantom 3 Standard or 4k, while using the Lichti app, you're screwed, it won't return home.

Why in the world?

Doesn't this make the Lichti app useless for us Standard and 4K users?

The point of the Lichti app is to use Waypoint and have it return home after the mission, right?
I use Litchi in P3S and P34K in can RTH well.
For safety set last point at home point.

Help - Litchi
First off you didn't post the full warning message above, the real warning message tells you under what condition this happens. It is only under a few flight condition this hover action happens. It does not when flying FPV (manual) flight, nor does it when flying a waypoint mission, or even when flying in VR mode w/o head tracking mode turned on. I have a P3S and use Litchi w/o issues.

Reactions: gvsukids
I believe what it saying is while Litchi is flying a mission the drone will not fly home if the signal is lost, it will complete the programmed mission. Not sure about the hover comment.
When flying manually in the Litchi app it allows you to set "Signal Lost Behavior for Manual Flying".
Hope this helps.
It's pretty clear in the litchi website. If flying a waypoint mission the mission will continue as programmed with lost signal. The modes effected are VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. Loose connection in one of these modes and the AC will stop and hover.

Reactions: Pharm
First off you didn't post the full warning message above, the real warning message tells you under what condition this happens. It is only under a few flight condition this hover action happens. It does not when flying FPV (manual) flight, nor does it when flying a waypoint mission, or even when flying in VR mode w/o head tracking mode turned on. I have a P3S and use Litchi w/o issues.
According to litchi for standard 4K modes effected (AC will stop and hover without RTH initiating) include VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track.

Help - Litchi
And if you read the following lines (immediately after the section you quoted) it tells you the specific modes effected are VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track.

Go back to the Litchi website and read the ENTIRE warning again. It only applies to certain modes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic