LICENSE FOR COMMERCIAL USE

Reaction score
Hello guys I think this idea of must having a licence for commercial use isn't good...
For example maybe they mean commercial use to say like for high buisness stuff or ?
For example if there is my friend that wants me to film her wedding what does that mean that I should get the license ?
For me it doesn't make sense....[emoji57]

If you are going to be paid for the footage, in cash or in kind, you need to be licensed (FAA Part 107). NOT my rule!

So you probably are against CDL's too then?

What? I am talking about using a little phantom. How does a vehicle that weighs tons make for a comparison. I use my inspire to measure roofs that are to dangerous to get on to. I hold no special license. I would rather be fined than get hurt.

What? I am talking about using a little phantom. How does a vehicle that weighs tons make for a comparison. I use my inspire to measure roofs that are to dangerous to get on to. I hold no special license. I would rather be fined than get hurt.
The FAA rules are meant to protect us from fools that don't have common sense. Not saying that you are one of them but we do regulate all sorts of things these days. Personally I don't want to see someone's drone being sucked into an airliner's engine because it was being flown near an airport anymore than I want Gomer driving a truck without reasonable training. I love drones, think they are awesome, but let's make sure they are used as responsibly as we can. Remeber the jerks that interfered with the fires in California? Morons ruin it for us all.

Y
The FAA rules are meant to protect us from fools that don't have common sense. Not saying that you are one of them but we do regulate all sorts of things these days. Personally I don't want to see someone's drone being sucked into an airliner's engine because it was being flown near an airport anymore than I want Gomer driving a truck without reasonable training. I love drones, think they are awesome, but let's make sure they are used as responsibly as we can. Remeber the jerks that interfered with the fires in California? Morons ruin it for us all.

You do know Mexican trucks cross the border everyday? Anyway, if you think these regulations are for your safety you are kidding yourself. People will do stupid **** no matter how many regulations there are. It crazy because I see people begging for more. I just want to take photos of my jobsites and inspect hard to get to places for hail damage. I do it every day. I've had many insurances companies pay losses based on my photos. Honestly I haven't registered with the faa either. I've been approached by police 3 times this summer. Not one asked me for registration but instead watched.

Reactions: makg and Airbroker
Some people want to get the pilot license as a way to get the FAA off their back. During FAA investigations, they typically ask if you have a 333 and a pilot license. While not having a 333 is not grounds to come after you, the FAA does go after those operating commercially. In the breakdown of the 23 FAA enforcement actions recently disclosed, 4 of them were flying commercially without and 333 in effect at the time of the flight.

With the new Part 107 regulations coming into effect August 29th and the test being only $150, it seems like cheap insurance to obtain a remote pilot certificate. There are remote pilot certificate guides online on how to go about registering to take the exam.

Reactions: BigAl07
The real purpose of the new 107 certification and test is to ensure that commercial operators have the necessary knowledge of the National Airspace System and the regulations. That's the reason that the "old" 333 required a pilot to operate the controls. The pilot had that training. Now, drone pilots (Remote Pilots) can get the same training and can move on with their operations.

The real purpose of the new 107 certification and test is to ensure that commercial operators have the necessary knowledge of the National Airspace System and the regulations. That's the reason that the "old" 333 required a pilot to operate the controls. The pilot had that training. Now, drone pilots (Remote Pilots) can get the same training and can move on with their operations.

I don't see what airspace has to do with anything when some of us are flying in a yard no higher than the roof line for job purposes. If what you said was actually true then being that hobbiest make up the vast majority of uavs in the air it would seem logical that they THEY have that knowledge. Unfortunately if you want to make money with anything these days there will be officials in the way saying not so fast literally with guns drawn with their hands in your wallet robbing you before you even start.

I don't see what airspace has to do with anything when some of us are flying in a yard no higher than the roof line for job purposes.
Hi, Jeremiah. You do have a point there. If no one would fly higher than treetop level, the FAA would never have stepped in to begin with. But you're probably in the minority (with regard to your operating ceiling).

Hi, Jeremiah. You do have a point there. If no one would fly higher than treetop level, the FAA would never have stepped in to begin with. But you're probably in the minority (with regard to your operating ceiling).
Here's a problem with NFZ that I just recently ran into. I have a large ranch and I have been using my P3 Pro to check all over it. With new firmware updates I can't use the drone except just around my house. I get a NFZ red warning when I try to fly my old routes set up as waypoints. I know of one grass landing strip owned by a friend of mine about 5 miles away. That's it. There is no way this drone could reach that strip if I wanted, it would run out time and juice. I need a fix of some kind to get back to being able to use my aircraft, otherwise, it is useless to me. By the way, I am 20 miles from the nearest small town and surrounded by ranches in all directions. DJI has removed the value of my craft drastically.

Hi, Crusty. Yep, that shows you how useless DJI's "no fly zones" are. If you get the new Part 107 certification next month, you'll legally be able to fly below 400 feet anywhere in Class G airspace that you want (almost) - and that almost certainly includes that grass strip you mentioned. The drone manufacturers better hurry up and get rid of their NFZs.

Some people want to get the pilot license as a way to get the FAA off their back. During FAA investigations, they typically ask if you have a 333 and a pilot license. While not having a 333 is not grounds to come after you, the FAA does go after those operating commercially. In the breakdown of the 23 FAA enforcement actions recently disclosed, 4 of them were flying commercially without and 333 in effect at the time of the flight.

With the new Part 107 regulations coming into effect August 29th and the test being only $150, it seems like cheap insurance to obtain a remote pilot certificate. There are remote pilot certificate guides online on how to go about registering to take the exam.

Welcome to the forums bud. It's good to see a familiar face (aka name) pop up on the forum.

Hello guys I think this idea of must having a licence for commercial use isn't good...
For example maybe they mean commercial use to say like for high buisness stuff or ?
For example if there is my friend that wants me to film her wedding what does that mean that I should get the license ?
In North Carolina,to get paid you must be a Commercial Pilot..

In North Carolina,to get paid you must be a Commercial Pilot..

Negative! Commercial Pilots License (aka CPL) is not required for Commercial UAS Operations. I can see where it might seem like it should but it's not (thank goodness).

In North Carolina you have to (as of this writing it will change soon):

A) Have you FAA Section 333 Exemption (Federal requirement for all states)
B) Be a minimum of Sport Pilot (with the FAA) (Federal requirement for all states)
C) Take and pass the NC DOT Aviation Division UAS Knowledge Test
D) Apply for and get granted the NC DOT Aviation UAS Commercial Operator's Permit

With that bit of information in mind.... in just a few weeks the Federal part will change to be you much take and pass the FAA Part 107 aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center. I believe it's noted to run around $150 for the test itself.

North Carolina will probably still require C & D but will amend their policy to allow for Part 107 as well as Section 333 Exemption holders.

If you fly your drone for compensation you must be a commercial Pilot,That is the law in N.C.I'm a Commercial Helicopter Pilot..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj