Level Horizon

Reaction score
I'm on my second P2 with Zenmuse. (Don't ask.)

This new one, compared to my first one, often leaves me an unlevel horizon. It's like the Zenmuse doesn't handle it as well.

It's not just in GPS or ATT mode. And it's not all the time. But I often see the following on my monitor.

From tonight's flight. Slow panning along the shore. Light wind.

Sometimes I can stop and spin the Phantom 360 deg and now have a straight horizon.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks.

The image:

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-03-18-at-8.40.02-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-03-18-at-8.40.02-PM.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 573
Mine does the same thing, as well as other phantoms on this site. If I turn mine on and let it warm up, then put it on the table and rotate it flat, the gimble angles a few degrees then in a second or two levels out. I'm sure it has something to do with the Imu signal when the P2 yaws. I don't know if anybody has figured this one out.
I'm starting to see the limitations and flaws on theses phantoms. Hopefully somebody chimes in with a solution to this problem. If not, looks like I will be filming with my tarot 960 hex.

did you ever find a solution my P2 with H3-2D has this issue. I purchased mine used of ebay though, so no chance of returning it. The horizon is constantly not level.

I had the same problem. My dealer told me to have all latest firmware updates and do a full IMU recalibrate. The camera now seems to be sitting more level on a flat surface than it was before. I can't fully test until I get it in the air. I have heard of more than one dealer providing a replacement so it seems it can be a fault.

You need to make sure when you start on the Phantom to make sure its on level ground. I got the same thing on a few flights when I started it up on my drive. It has a slope and it showed in the video

That's a pretty excessive horizon drift. If you're seeing that much on a regular basis, you may want consider pushing for a warranty replacement. Horizon drift does happen though and way more often than I like. The trick is to notice it right away and not when you're editing. Sometimes you need to give the Phantom a shake in the air to get the P2 IMU and gimbal to find their equilibrium. Also, check that the GoPro is perfectly square to the front of the Phantom. The mounting bracket has enough play in it that your GoPro can be off-center by 1 or 2 degrees.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj