Level ascent

Reaction score
When I take off with my FC40 it goes straight up but the tail goes up first. How do I cure this? I have to give it 100% on take off.

Not uncommon. Most of us have to accelerate hard to get it off the ground without hitting props on the deck.

I run 2 stock batteries inside with stock battery door closed. It has the center of gravity a little far forward but it flies good, 18 minutes. The front on it seems to sag as well and can hear the front props turning faster. I have a couple sets of 9" props on the way. Wondering what would happen If I put 9's on front and 8's on rear. I'll try it and let you know, hopefully not crash!

that would be great! I have a duel setup on mine but haven't tried it yet. what kind flight times do you get?

sherpa said:
When I take off with my FC40 it goes straight up but the tail goes up first. How do I cure this? I have to give it 100% on take off.

I always use 100% for take-off.

No need to dilly-dally :lol:

Doh! I see 18 min. now! How in the world do you get two stock batteries inside?

sherpa said:
Doh! I see 18 min. now! How in the world do you get two stock batteries inside?
1/4" plastic spacers under receiver and main board. Cut 6 wavy battery guides out of tray. Cut wire slots in sides of battery door and connect batteries outside door. Cut battery opening to almost same size as door. Two stock batteries will then fit nicely.

Given it 1005 throttle, but not without riks if thing go wrong any we. A better and more controlled way is if the phantom treatens to tilt forward while sarting, genrly correct that with some backward correcrion with the pitch stick. This works perfectly for me.

Ramz said:
I run 2 stock batteries inside with stock battery door closed. It has the center of gravity a little far forward but it flies good, 18 minutes. The front on it seems to sag as well and can hear the front props turning faster. I have a couple sets of 9" props on the way. Wondering what would happen If I put 9's on front and 8's on rear. I'll try it and let you know, hopefully not crash!

I wouldn't use 2 different kind of props on the same quad!

A quad doesn't have a front or a back. All sides are the same. If you have different size props on one side the flight controller will not be able to stabilise. Any move sideways might turn into a crash. I doubt you will even get it from the ground but if you do, I wish you all the luck in the world. And best of luck to everybody standing close.

Don't mess with the basic principles of multi rotor propulsion.

OK I did the test, Phantom flies fine with 9" on front and 8" on rear (front being the side marked as such with stickers). In fact I cant tell any difference in handling with the mismatch. The reason I tested this was curiosity had me wondering if the front would still sag during take off and the answer is, yes it does exactly the same. Flight time remained approximately the same as well.

Mine does that too. I always just give it 100% to get it off the ground for that very reason. Glad I'm not the only one :D

Ramz said:
OK I did the test, Phantom flies fine with 9" on front and 8" on rear (front being the side marked as such with stickers). In fact I cant tell any difference in handling with the mismatch. The reason I tested this was curiosity had me wondering if the front would still sag during take off and the answer is, yes it does exactly the same. Flight time remained approximately the same as well.

Come to think of it, that makes sense. The motors are controlled by the ESC's and the ESC will adjust the power needed when a different size prop is used. But I never would have thought it would work.

Not that I intent to use 2 different prop sizes but nice to know that it would work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20