Let's talk a little voltage here...

Reaction score
Reading all this nightmares going on, with people's drones falling out of the skies, makes me scared for my P3A.

So i want to know everything possible. I read manual and all the PDF files possible. I would just appreciate more info about this matter.
I know that i shouldnt put full throttle all the time and not be aggresive with the drone.
Today, when flying, voltage was turning Orange color, for couple of seconds, then back to green.. Even though i was flying like a normal person.
What should i do in this case?
As i understand, the lower the battery is, the lower voltage per each battery cell goes, that's why its recommended to fly until 30% battery + that's why it was turning orange?

THx

I think that everything above 3V is ok. I think it goes orange at 3.59. This is great an you will not have any problem. About the 30% I believe it is normal to see orange voltage, the battery is already gone but again I think it is about 3.4V so still great. :)

Setting the voltage on the main screen is helpful, as it only shows us the lowest cell count. Good idea to keep an eye on that small window,, occasionally throughout the course of your flight/s.

RedHotPoker

I hate having the voltage display on the screen now. I always look at it like an attractive hooker.

I wish I didn't read about how to turn it on or why it was important. It makes me more nervous now to fly. I never had issues before and ran my batteries down to the 20's at times worry free!

Reactions: t2adze
Here's what I know...I can only do so much and not going to overly freak out about P3s dropping out of the sky or always watch my voltage meter etc... Going to ENJOY flying... I will however do my extensive pre-flight, follow the guidelines closely and start my batteries at 100%. If it falls out of the sky Im going directly to horizon hobbies and purchase a Blade Chroma 4k because this is BS. Lol

I'm serious if its not my error and DJI is that crappy of a product; I'll take my next purchase somewhere else. All that being said I've not had a problem yet and confidence in DJI until they prove to me otherwise. :)

I hate having the voltage display on the screen now. I always look at it like an attractive hooker.

I wish I didn't read about how to turn it on or why it was important. It makes me more nervous now to fly. I never had issues before and ran my batteries down to the 20's at times worry free!
Unless she's hooking rugs, I have no time...
You know, she hates men, and only loves money...
Her gold mine, don't interest my pick axe.

I have two 100w @dji intelligent flight battery chargers.
There is never a time, that I can't preplan a flight schedule, and 1 hour before takeoff, check over my kit. That includes popping each of my four flight batteries into the drone, and check them in the Go App. What could be simpler?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
One more question on the same topic.
Windy outside. Flew a bit indoor with p3a. Battery went down to 75%. Should i recharge it today, or its better to recharge the day or day before ill be flying?

Anyone here using 3rd party car chargers and plug-in docking stations?

I am kitted up for remote charging including solar, have yet to test in the field.

One more question on the same topic.
Windy outside. Flew a bit indoor with p3a. Battery went down to 75%. Should i recharge it today, or its better to recharge the day or day before ill be flying?

I would wait and charge it the day you fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj