Lets see your x1 Pot mods please

MrC

Reaction score
Info on this is quite sparse and over at least 3 different forums.

Replacing the crap lever on the back with a rotary linear pot.

What pot did you use. I see 5k ohm mentioned a lot but also a 1k ohm with resistors.
How many turns is your pot? 1 turn? less than 1?, 3?
Do you use the full range?
Any problems? I saw in one thread where someones controller stopped working after using a 5k ohm pot. I know the stock pot is 5k ohm but it only uses a small section of it.
Where have you positioned the knob?

Long term successful users most welcome.
Many thanks for any info.

MrC said:
Info on this is quite sparse and over at least 3 different forums.

Replacing the crap lever on the back with a rotary linear pot.

What pot did you use. I see 5k ohm mentioned a lot but also a 1k ohm with resistors.
How many turns is your pot? 1 turn? less than 1?, 3?
Do you use the full range?
Any problems? I saw in one thread where someones controller stopped working after using a 5k ohm pot. I know the stock pot is 5k ohm but it only uses a small section of it.
Where have you positioned the knob?

Long term successful users most welcome.
Many thanks for any info.

Just me, but I think this is superior to a knob:

kD2aSzO.jpg

20mm travel, 5k ohm, linear. I've had this installed for about 4-5 months now, and still love it. I can do ANY maneuver and simultaneously control my gimbal, since I don't have to take my hands off the sticks to slide it.

ElGuano said:

Hey, Mr. ELGuano... I did the same Pot Mod... I think I got the idea from you on RCGroups.com... You posted this about 6 months ago and I tackled it a couple months ago myself... Of course, yours looks much neater... Great mod... Thanks for the idea...

13919352535_30907100da_z.jpg

PJA said:
ElGuano said:

Hey, Mr. ELGuano... I did the same Pot Mod... I think I got the idea from you on RCGroups.com... You posted this about 6 months ago and I tackled it a couple months ago myself... Of course, yours looks much neater... Great mod... Thanks for the idea...

13919352535_30907100da_z.jpg

+1. Wish I could take credit for it! I got it from "TomDChi" on RCGroups. After using the pinky lever for a month, the slider is really a great solution :)

ElGuano said:
MrC said:
Thanks, slider pot mods also welcome. I like this a lot, which exact slider did you use?
I think it's this one (I bought a bunch of different ones): http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alp ... Y4ww%3d%3d

Mr, ELG... I think you also posted one that lit up green...It needed a resister in line for the led pot to work. You never explained that mod on RCGroups.com, but I bought the green led pot anyway in case you were to detail that install... Any hint how that resister in line would work?

ElGuano said:
+1. Wish I could take credit for it! I got it from "TomDChi" on RCGroups. After using the pinky lever for a month, the slider is really a great solution :)

Actually you are right... I followed both of your mods, but liked yours better... I think "TomDChi" installed it on the back of his TX... I downloaded all the pics you guys posted... Great step by step install to follow...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd