Lets pretend.....

Reaction score
That I'm flying out over the canyon today, BELOW 400 FEET, about 2000 meters out. Regular flight, went smooth and I go home to watch the video and I see at 6 minutes into the video a single engine plane flies about 150 - 200 ft above me. I don't think anything was wrong on my end. As I said, this is just a scenario, but could any laws be violated in a situation like this?

That I'm flying out over the canyon today, BELOW 400 FEET, about 2000 meters out. Regular flight, went smooth and I go home to watch the video and I see at 6 minutes into the video a single engine plane flies about 150 - 200 ft above me. I don't think anything was wrong on my end. As I said, this is just a scenario, but could any laws be violated in a situation like this?
Could you visually see your quad with the unaided eye?

could any laws be violated in a situation like this?
I don't think the FAA is going to blink an eye (let alone even know this occurred) unless you cause an accident. At that point, they might try to come after you since you were not flying LOS.

The FAA would probably be more concerned that a small aircraft (the plane) was flying below 400ft near a canyon.

As much as we need common sense to maintain integrity in this hobby, pilots are literally trained to know better for their own safety as well as that of others. It might be fun to buzz the dog house at a drop zone but not so much in inappropriate or surprising places.

IMO of course.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl