Lenses on phantom 4

Are you referring to the UV filter on the camera or the actual camera lens?

If you mean the UV filter, you can purchase a replacement here on Amazon or directly from DJI here.

Last edited:
DJI does not sell a replacement lens. You could buy a used camera and swap it out or just swap out the entire camera.

Ok, thank you, I dident know if I should get a protector. Now I will though.
The P4 is already equipped with a protective filter, no need to purchase one. Because the P4 camera is fixed at f/2.8, you may consider a set of ND filters.

Even if you find a way of attaching a conversion lens on the camera, the conversion lens will almost certainly unbalance the gimbal, which is a very bad thing.

Cheers,
rc

Yeah, I purchased a polarizing filter along with a batch of ND filters. I tried the Polaroid filter first and immediately got a gimbal motor overload or something like that. I figure if I had rebooted the Phantom it would have cleared up but I simply removed it and not tried it again. Interesting note, three of the ND filters would not fit. They were the exact same size as the camera lens ring and thus would not slip on. The other two worked perfectly but I have not tried any since. I'll post again if I have trouble with them.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Yeah, I purchased a polarizing filter along with a batch of ND filters. I tried the Polaroid filter first and immediately got a gimbal motor overload or something like that. I figure if I had rebooted the Phantom it would have cleared up but I simply removed it and not tried it again. Interesting note, three of the ND filters would not fit. They were the exact same size as the camera lens ring and thus would not slip on. The other two worked perfectly but I have not tried any since. I'll post again if I have trouble with them.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
I went with Polar Pro filters, which work nicely. It would be great if I could find out filter thread specs, I would much rather have a slim, affordable Hoya filter on my camera than Polar Pro. For now, Polar Pro is probably the best of what's out there.

Cheers,
rc

One of the DJI monitors said he preferred the Taco filters over the Polar Pros. He did not give any reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues