Lense Filters

Reaction score
Has anyone bought lense filters from Hobby Tiger? I bought a set of filters and have tried everything under the sun short of glue tape and wire to get them to fit and stay on.
Am I missing something? OR Bad choice of filters? What would you recomend?

Thanks for any response.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought lense filters from Hobby Tiger? I bought a set of filters and have tried everything under the sun short of glue tape and wire to get them to fit and stay on.
Am I missing something? OR Bad choice of filters? What would you recomend?

Thanks for any response.
Do you have a link to the filters you purchased? The filters I found on their site claim to fit P3 and P4 but not P4 Advanced or Pro. They are push on, not screw on.

Last edited:
"Dang it your right" Yes I said it.....I just checked it out.
OK so I found Freewell Lenses for the P4P set of 4 for $70.00 little spendier but reviews although only 5 were 100% 5 star. Looking forward to them getting here.
Anyone have Lens recomendations?

Another vote for Polar Pro filters - great quality.

Specifically, the PolarPro ones we use are th ND/PL set of 4, 8, & 16.

The ND aspect is essential, but we find the PL part brings out the richer natural colours and makes clouds look great. If you are planning to film over water, the PL aspect is essential - but we’re a long way from the sea or any large expanse of water.

From what we originally gathered, most people go for a different set (ND only). We carefully thought about all of this before making our choice - which is exclusively for work - and have no regrets whatsoever. We’d make the same choice again. Negative comments (on other threads) about having to adjust the circular polariser are exaggerated or unjust in our opinion.

From what we originally gathered, most people go for a different set (ND only). We carefully thought about all of this before making our choice - which is exclusively for work - and have no regrets whatsoever. We’d make the same choice again. Negative comments (on other threads) about having to adjust the circular polariser are exaggerated or unjust in our opinion.[/QUOTE]

Each tool has its purpose. The main reason to have plain NDs is if you want consistent color saturation (in blues & greens) as you fly around and shoot in different directions. If you dial in the polarizer for a certain direction for maximum effect, that effect will be less when facing a different way. People talk about having to dial in the pola before shooting because they are looking for that intense color you get from pointing the right direction from the sun (i.e. 90 degrees for optimum effect) and dialing in the filter. Anyway, I think whatever works for you is great.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I presume you're talking about ND filters.
Don't fudge around get the Polar Pro's..

From what we originally gathered, most people go for a different set (ND only). We carefully thought about all of this before making our choice - which is exclusively for work - and have no regrets whatsoever. We’d make the same choice again. Negative comments (on other threads) about having to adjust the circular polariser are exaggerated or unjust in our opinion.

Each tool has its purpose. The main reason to have plain NDs is if you want consistent color saturation (in blues & greens) as you fly around and shoot in different directions. If you dial in the polarizer for a certain direction for maximum effect, that effect will be less when facing a different way. People talk about having to dial in the pola before shooting because they are looking for that intense color you get from pointing the right direction from the sun (i.e. 90 degrees for optimum effect) and dialing in the filter. Anyway, I think whatever works for you is great.[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that ND (neutral density) filters simply cut down the amount of light. In the case of stills photography, we landscape photographers might use a graduated ND to reduce the amount of light in the upper part of the frame, for example, to balance out the overall contrast. On a drone, for filming, the ND is crucial to keep the light levels low if you’re using - for example - a shutter speed of 1/50th second at 24 fps (frames per second). I’m unaware of a straight ND filter, as different from a ND/PL filter, making any difference to colour saturation.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
My drone came with a set of JSR ND's .... Colour wise they seem OK but seem to flare easily. Are Polar Pro's less likely to flare ...Are JSR a quality brand or not?

My drone came with a set of JSR ND's .... Colour wise they seem OK but seem to flare easily. Are Polar Pro's less likely to flare ...Are JSR a quality brand or not?
Flare is typically the result of flying into the sun and not the filter.

As to quality, see if this video is of any help.

I understand what flare is and what causes it ...my point was that the ND's I have seem to flare easily ..or shall we say 'early'...at an angle to the sun that is still oblique..much quicker than I'd expect. I'm trying to establish if the coating on the JSR's is inferior to something else...like PP's I guess?

OP, you need to unscrew the glass protector that comes stock on your camera. It is not obvious that it can be removed, but remove it and then you can attach the filter of your choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj