Lens Hood P4

Reaction score
Saw this on Amazon for about £4! Its on a P3 camera so am assuming it'll fit the P4. Anyone got one of these? Any good?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457216332.811578.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiego
eh... might be worth it might not be
if you get a lot of sun in your videos it might be worth getting this... or a uv filter
just remember it might affect the gimbal and might not fit in the case

I got one of those along with s gimbal guard. The shade restricts the camera from doing its thing when you turn on the bird. Even when I slide it back as far as it will go. I don't use it at all. I guess I can always turn the bird in and set it down after it does it start up movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bougth 2 different systems: aluminum lens hood (scratched the lens body (too tight) and a plastic set with lens hood and different filters. The gimbal didn't run (to heavy). A counter weight would possibly a solution. But I have not desciption and no parts for. So I'm not sadisfied and would like to have a evaluated solution who runs without customer manipulation[emoji318]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Interesting discussion as I was also looking at lens hoods. I didn't even consider the extra weight fighting the gimble motor. Great points indeed!

Sure Jeremiah, that's a good idea! To design the exact form is not so easy. It's depending on different thinks of the lens design. We should have a draw about.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues