Lens Hood - Go or no go?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what you all think about using a lens hood on the P3P. I currently have only tried using ND filters so far, and they do work. I looked through a bunch of the older threads on this here but a conclusion was never reached. What's the verdict on these things?

I use one on both my P2 & P3. Stops 'sun banding'. ;)

Reactions: Molokai
Somebody made one and shared the PDF file here a few months ago, to cut it out. Think it was just black construction paper and glue.

I still have a copy of the printout, a forum friend gave me, after I sent him the document to print off for us, to try it.
I had planned on making mine out of some tanned carving leather. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Molokai
Somebody made one and shared the PDF file here a few months ago, to cut it out. Think it was just black construction paper and glue.

I still have a copy of the printout, a forum friend gave me, after I sent him the document to print off for us, to try it.
I had planned on making mine out of some tanned carving leather. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Thanks man, I googled it, and I found a guy on the regular DJI forums with the download links! It was the petal-style hood.

Thanks man, I googled it, and I found a guy on the regular DJI forums with the download links! It was the petal-style hood.
Yes, it's petal shaped, to coincide with the square sensor. ;-)
The cutouts are where the corners of the sensor would be cut off the picture.
Enjoy the self help, it's the very best, you know. Hehe
Switching from Portrait to Landscape, may need to give it a quarter twist, or was that a half? Hmmm

RedHotPoker

Cool.... i was considering this option but concerned about vignetting. Could you please advise where i might source a hood?
Try using the search in my signature and you might find what you are looking for .

Try using the search in my signature and you might find what you are looking for .
I believe he has discovered the hidden treasure already...

You missed a few posts in the thread. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hope he has .
Cool avatar RHP :)
Yes, I tried on several last night, and this one seemed to fit me just right, of left. Ha
I really like the heads-up display on the screen, which gives me all the pertinent and valuable flight navigation and fun material. Can even aim and fire the mini gun, from left eye focus. On target command.

We're always fully locked loaded and ready to fire back, with original quips, one liners and general heehaw material.
Jokes told and sold, on short notice.
image.jpeg

More birds... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: dirkclod
Bird, what bird, has anybody seen my bird? Hahaha

image.jpeg

If you see a bird, let me know. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Go, Get him..

image.jpeg

Who let the wolves out? Here Wolfe Wolfe Wolfe... ;-)

RedHotPoker

It's a madhouse around here!

o-DOCTOR-ONE-FLEW-OVER-THE-CUCKOOS-NEST-facebook.jpg
One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-011.jpg

There is treatment available for you guys............................

hqdefault.jpg

Don't "Go" away Mad, just "Go" away. Smiling... Hehe

You don't have to go home. But You just can't stay here. Ha

I checked the weather channel tonight.
image.jpeg

Cloudy, with a good chance of Drones. Hey Ohhh!!

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj