Lens cover on the P4

Reaction score
long story short, bought the P4. I took it on a short maiden flight yesterday and all is well.
Problem I'm having is trying to get the lens cover off, it was never this hard on my p3a. Any help would be great!

Make sure you're turning it to the left and don't grip it tightly.

long story short, bought the P4. I took it on a short maiden flight yesterday and all is well.
Problem I'm having is trying to get the lens cover off, it was never this hard on my p3a. Any help would be great!

Big,

(Edit: I was just informed by msinger that the P4 doesn't include a motor wrench. The key is minimal pressure at the outer edge of the filter. Thank you msinger!.)

Use your motor wrench. Just lightly clamp the outer edge of the lens. Too much pressure and it will be hell to get off.

Jerry

Last edited:
Make sure you're turning it to the left and don't grip it tightly.
This lens is on there pretty tight... Sucks... I don't want to break it. Tried everything to get it of, no success.

Do you still have your P3A? If so, try your prop wrench if you have the newer motors. Otherwise, try wrapping a rubber band around it, wearing rubber gloves, etc. so you can get a grip on it without putting a lot of pressure on it.

Do you still have your P3A? If so, try your prop wrench if you have the newer motors. Otherwise, try wrapping a rubber band around it, wearing rubber gloves, etc. so you can get a grip on it without putting a lot of pressure on it.
Unfortunately the one I have has the metal wrench not the plastics one like on the video(p3A v1)

Tried rubber band, I'm not giving up...but for now it's a lost cause. I tried my SRP nd filter on a test flight yesterday. I'm concerned about the weight...

Anyway. Thanks for the help

If u have newer motors does it have a prop wrench? I've always wondered if I had newer motors or not. Bought my p3p about 5 months ago..

If u have newer motors does it have a prop wrench?
Yes. The prop wrench is different depending on which motors you have.

I've always wondered if I had newer motors or not.
imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

Tried rubber band, I'm not giving up...but for now it's a lost cause. I tried my SRP nd filter on a test flight yesterday. I'm concerned about the weight...

They are difficult. I used my kids plastic channel locks and got it haha

Reactions: MedinaTaylor

Big,

How about trying this. Cut a thin strip of electric tape and just wrap it once or twice around the outer edge of the filter (remember if you squeeze on the threaded area it's going to be more difficult to get off) then take a zip tie and wrap it on the outer edge of the filter over the electric tape. You could even try two smaller ones. That will give you a "tit" or two to try to turn it with. I've never tried this but it may just work.

Jerry

Reactions: meissner58
Big,

How about trying this. Cut a thin strip of electric tape and just wrap it once or twice around the outer edge of the filter (remember if you squeeze on the threaded area it's going to be more difficult to get off) then take a zip tie and wrap it on the outer edge of the filter over the electric tape. You could even try two smaller ones. That will give you a "tit" or two to try to turn it with. I've never tried this but it may just work.

Jerry
I'll give this a try

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr