left-Right Shaking Footage

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem that is really bugging me. And I am not really sure what is causing the problem. I have a video that shows the footage is shaking left and right. but I am pretty sure it is not the jello effect since i was using a ND filter on my gopro. Pretty sure it is not the damping rubbers too as i have mount them properly. in the video you can see the shaking throughout the whole footage, the most obvious one will be at the 2.00 minute mark. Hope anyone can help me please thank you.

http://youtu.be/crYmdufdQBo

Craft:
Phantom 2 firmware v.3.08
mini iOSD
T-motor anti-gravity motors
stock dji props
white dampers
gopro hero3+
H3-3D Zenmuse Gimbal

If the gains are too high you will get oscillations. No ND filter, no higher frame rates, no dampeners, no gimbal can stop oscillations. When it oscillates, the camera does not record the fwd and backward movements - only the side to side movement is evident.

Try this..
Restore the gains to stock in the phantom assist by selecting default.
Then hover close and inspect the gimbal and gopro for oscillations.
Adjust the gains if need be - I think you need to drop gains - I can't tell what settings as you are using different motors to stock.
Can you also advise what dampeners you are using? Are they stiff or soft?

I had a similar problem when I was testing out the 3leaf foldable props. I had gains of 200% in all settings to test the props. When I went back to the 9443, the camera shook like a mini earthquake and the footage was horrendous. Changed back to default it was fine.

Let us know.

Mako79 said:
If the gains are too high you will get oscillations. No ND filter, no higher frame rates, no dampeners, no gimbal can stop oscillations. When it oscillates, the camera does not record the fwd and backward movements - only the side to side movement is evident.

Try this..
Adjust the gains if need be - I think you need to drop gains - I can't tell what settings as you are using different motors to stock.

I had a similar problem when I was testing out the 3leaf foldable props. I had gains of 200% in all settings to test the props. When I went back to the 9443, the camera shook like a mini earthquake and the footage was horrendous. Changed back to default it was fine.

Let us know.

Thank you for the advise, I will try that and let you you know soon. as or the dampers, I'm using the soft white dampers.

Mako79 said:

Try this..

Let us know.

Hello, I have did some adjustments with the gains. The problem is if i put it too low I will not have total control of the craft so I will have to play around with the numbers until I get the perfect one I assume.

And do you know or recommend any prop balancer that is good? I am looking to buy one thank you.

And when do I know which type of dampers I should use? Sorry if its a stupid question.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31