Left gimbal clamp on during IMU calibration

Reaction score
Did my 1st IMU calibration today but accidentally left the gimbal clamp on. Knowing the calibration would take 10 minutes i set the controller down and stepped away. After coming back I saw a gimbal motor heating warning on the controller and immediately removed the clamp. I assumed this may have screwed up the calibration so I did another IMU cal.

I am wondering if this could have done permanent damage to the drone?

Thanks!

To be honest i doubt it, it has happen to me before afew times but everything seems to work fine after that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Steve J Miller
Many people forget to take it off and power it up. It happens. You are probably alright. It is never a good thing to let the motors "work" for no reason. Same goes for the propulsion motors... if you should crash shut them down immediately. No motor should be locked in place when powered on.

Reactions: Steve J Miller
Many people forget to take it off and power it up. It happens. You are probably alright. It is never a good thing to let the motors "work" for no reason. Same goes for the propulsion motors... if you should crash shut them down immediately. No motor should be locked in place when powered on.

Thanks guys for the reassurance -

I took it out today and all seemed fine

Just to add. I did the same thing but I was able to recognize my dumbness and removed the gimbal lock. Nothing was damaged and there were no long term effects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav