Left front engine or ESC problem

Reaction score
Hi. Bought a Phantom 1 off ebay. Supposed to be new (unused).

1. Left front engine turns slow. Plastic arms started to get hot and burnt smell from vents. . Motor turns by hand same as others with indexing clicks and no sign of carbon on copper. Is ESC bad? I have not opened shell yet but noticed decals are split at seam like it had been opened. Not expecting warranty from DJI but haven't checked. I suspect ESC fried as I read about problems with bad ESC's early on. Seller on Ebay not contacted because I left box sit on shelf for 4 months before assembling p1.

2. What is the difference between Phantom 1's and FC40's? My RC unit has a slide switch on the back. I understand this was not always the case.

3. Does DJI Go software on an android work to fly a phantom1? I have windows 10 on my desktop and used the Nazi assistant 2.4 ok but can't find software for my android to fly p1. Have not flied as I discovered problem with first engine warmup and deployment.

Thanks

Jon

1. Left front engine turns slow. Plastic arms started to get hot and burnt smell from vents. . Motor turns by hand same as others with indexing clicks and no sign of carbon on copper. Is ESC bad? I have not opened shell yet but noticed decals are split at seam like it had been opened. Not expecting warranty from DJI but haven't checked. I suspect ESC fried as I read about problems with bad ESC's early on. Seller on Ebay not contacted because I left box sit on shelf for 4 months before assembling p1.

2. What is the difference between Phantom 1's and FC40's? My RC unit has a slide switch on the back. I understand this was not always the case.

3. Does DJI Go software on an android work to fly a phantom1? I have windows 10 on my desktop and used the Nazi assistant 2.4 ok but can't find software for my android to fly p1. Have not flied as I discovered problem with first engine warmup and deployment.

Thanks

Jon

Return after 4 months, no one accept that, only offical stores that give warranty.
You can try the motors one by one in the naza assistent, do it without props.
push realy quick the button during a few seconds and the motor must spin good
and check of all the arms get hot or just one, are the lights form the esc on when you test the motors?
The fc40 is a phantom one, only it came with a wifi camera.
Dji go software is not for the phantom one, there is in the playstore a app called dji fc40 that is for the camera that was included with the fc40
warranty from dji, if you do not have the original bill from the store, then they give no warranty

Obviously you should have checked it out 4 months ago. Not sure whats going on inside but you'll probably have to open it up or find a repair shop. The slide lever on back of remote is to tilt camera on gimbal if installed. Has to be set up in assistant software. No the
P1 does not use the new software like P2s...P3s....or P4s. The P1 operates on 2.4 gh. The Fc40 is basically the same bird but had a camera and the bird operated on 5.8 gh.

Thanks

Jon

I opened it up and the ESC is fried. I can unsolder from the motor and main board no problem. Where would I get the replacement ESC, DJI?

Very quick replies...thanks everyone!

I bought this to practice with so I would be comfortable with my new p4. I've flown it twice with a few scary misses with my house.

Right after I bought it I woke up with a 105 degree temp. 10 days later I came too in the hospital with a diaper on, a new right knee, and a post op right foot. From there I was sent to a rehap/nursing home for 3 weeks and got home the first of July. I'm still doing PT and have a nurse coming to my house twice a week to take care of my wounds.

TMI I'm sure but I felt like explaining how I could postpone trying out a new toy like my P1 and P4.

Hope to be back at work by the end of this month. I'm self employed and my wife is tired of paying my bills.

Jon

Go on ebay and type in dji phantom 1.1.1 esc and it depends on the color green or red just order it on there...Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers