LED lights on/off via radio

Reaction score
I am looking to control the on/off function of some LED lights via the radio.

I have (ordered) the Futaba 14SG and the DJI A2.

Can someone please point me to a "how to" thread or video.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks OI.... but what I want to know is whats under the hello heat shrink in that item.

Is the channel on the A2 just wired in series to the + or - lead like a regular switch would be, is there any other circuitry required, is there any voltage coming from the A2 or is it just a switch leg?

Cheers!

Matt

WetCoastWillie said:
Thanks OI.... but what I want to know is whats under the hello heat shrink in that item.

Is the channel on the A2 just wired in series to the + or - lead like a regular switch would be, is there any other circuitry required, is there any voltage coming from the A2 or is it just a switch leg?

Cheers!

Matt

re: under the heat shrink

Typically it is an electronic switch that is triggered by a capacitor smoothed input from the PWM or other output of the rx. The rx output signal is a signal modulated consistent with the tx stick or switch position - it is low voltage and low power and not DC. It must be converted to (in this case) a triggering voltage. The A2 output would not be acceptable for switching on LEDs - you want them on/off so you must detect the 50% (nominal) level and go from open to closed on the LED electronic switch. Driving a device directly from the rx would be possible in some cases but not wise - burning up the rx is not only possible but probable. Your servos (on RC planes) have their electronics on board for isolating the rx output and handling the conversion and interpolation of position of the servo arm. The ESCs measure motor commands based on the NAZA inputs modified by the rx requests and send relatively high current and voltage to the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers