Led lights for Phantom 2+

Reaction score
Do any of you have led lights mounted for night time flights. What do you think of the 2 white leds for the front & like a red/blue flashing for the back? These are the light weight wafer board leds.

I have those. One in white and one in blue. They are quite bright. I'm an avid night flyer in the sense that I like to deck mine out with all kinds of lighting effects. My favorite is the wrap around, stick on, multi-color LED strip. It comes with an infrared remote to create amazing light shows.

The main problem is it goes right where the upper and lower shells meet. Not good if you need internal access. As for the LED wafer, it is available in multi-color too, but no fancy lighting effects

I also use magnetic "blinky" lights for upper and lower white strobes and red and green navigation strobes. Some of the lights are useful for orientation for day flights. These have watch batteries inside, so no wiring is needed. I glue a magnet to the shell and put the light on whenever I want it. Another option is to glue the extra battery to the inside of the shell as the magnets are pretty strong. I did that on another quad.

Edit: Forgive me, Welcome to the forum!!

Very interesting thank you. I'd be interested in seeing photos of you night set up if possible. Thanks for the reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31