LED Headlight

Reaction score
Hi All - I spotted these on Ebay which I can see being a good idea to see which direction the drone is pointing. In the description, it shows they come supplied with a connector, but has anybody got any information where they would plug in please ...... I have never taken the top off the Phantom (but know how to) so if you can help - nice a simple explanation please !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-24-LED-Li ... 27ecb8d56d

Attachments

• Untitled..jpg
    Untitled..jpg
    30 KB · Views: 600
you have to cut it off and make your own connection. Very easy to do. i went straight to the + - under the wifi module. soldered two quick disconnects for future power needs. BTW, these are BRIGHT! love it for flying at night.

Thanks for the replies but + - under the wifi module - balance plug connector - sorry have not got a clue !

Under the wifi module (under shell) is where the positive and negative attatch to the main board. I soldered two disconnects and installed a switch to turn the light on and off.the white adapter in the pic you have is a balance adapter, it will have to be cut off. it will not "plug in" to the phantom

I would love to see a picture with this fitted, day and night shots would be good. Thanks :)

Altomar718 said:
Hi All - I spotted these on Ebay which I can see being a good idea to see which direction the drone is pointing. In the description, it shows they come supplied with a connector, but has anybody got any information where they would plug in please ...... I have never taken the top off the Phantom (but know how to) so if you can help - nice a simple explanation please !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-24-LED-Li ... 27ecb8d56d

Something close to that is offered on Amazon. It is the same LED disc, but with Velcro that sticks to the drone and velcro that sticks to the disc, so it can be removed.

It doesn't have the typical phantom connector, but it has solid, unscripted wires, formed into a rectangle for each wire. There were no instructions, but I figured out how it is supposed to work.

The positive and negative rectangular wires, slip over the battery connections in the drone. Mins eating the battery applies pressure so they will make contact.

Although I am not enthused about the connection design, it should work just fine. This is more practical for those who are not experienced in soldering.

It is offered in white, blue and a RGB design, controlled by an infrared controller. This is more for setting it up for lift off, rather than changing colors in mid-flight. But, at lower altitudes it should work. It allows for different colors, morphing between colors, steady colors and strobing colors. The white color won't be as bright as pure white LEDs, but it should be enough illumination.

Just a note: I will have a website and an Amazon shop to sell drones and accessories, if I can get all contracts approved.

I've contacted DJI three times so far, with no courtesy of a reply. I have serious concerns about this company. I hope I am very wrong. I also emailed technical support a week ago. I did get an auto reply confirming my submission. Then I got an email asking me to rate the satisfaction of their non-existent reply. When I submitted my rating, I was told my case had already been closed -after 2 days, therefore I couldn't rate them! Sorry for getting off topic!

Between PhantomFanatic and kemosabe421, I think I have now got in that you just run a permanent live from the battery terminals, positive at the top and negative at the bottom (from the picture on Amazon) - I suppose you could then run one of the wires to a small toggle switch so it could be turned on and off ....... thanks for the replies - appreciate it

I ordered this set from Amazon for my P2V+ (this set is blue LEDs while most other sets are white LEDs):

http://www.amazon.com/Decoration-Fl...5913&sr=1-1&keywords=DJI+Phantom+2+Vision+LED

I installed mine on a switch so I could turn it on or off depending on my mood. I'm glad I did this because they are VERY bright and attract attention --- which sometimes you prefer to fly incognito over private land or places where you don't want cops or other snoopers to notice your flying machine.

I only mounted the headlight and not the strip --- mainly because I wanted to do some mod work which required taking off the top frequently and the strip needs to be stuck to the seam that joins the top and bottom halves of the Phantom.

The headlight really does help you see orientation of the Phantom up to a distance of about 1500 feet, but beyond that range it's hard to see it unless it's dark or twilight. My blue headlight makes it very easy to tell when the Phantom is facing towards me --- when I see the "blue dot" then I know to push the right stick forward and it will fly back to me. Contrary to the word "headlight" --- it doesnt really shine a bright beam of light ahead of the bird like a car's headlights do. So don't expect the headlight to light up an entire cornfield at night or something like that.

I would guess with the strip attached it would give your bird a really cool "UFO look" since the LEDs are so bright.

BigPig said:
How do you install it on a switch?

Just put the red power wire on a small DC switch --- I got mine at Radio Shack but you can find a wider variety online --- make it really small so it doesnt add weight or become intrusive

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik