Led Flashlight

Reaction score
I'm looking on Amazon to get a couple of decent led flashlights that fit into a pocket. There is so much stuff out there and names I don't recognize. I have had Maglites for years. I know there is a lot of junk out there. I would like to have zoom, strobe, power settings, and use batteries. Not really into the rechargeable unless it's a good one and can also take regular batteries. I also don't really want to spend a ton of money. I see many on Amazon that are cheap and I just don't know if they are junk. Anyone have a decent one and can share the model. These are not going into battle. Just spares. Is a 900 lumen light very bright? Thanks.
Nick

150 lumen is bright lol... I would look for a 30 dollar one that takes AAA's. Those are the best for the price. I have a few extremely high powered ones. I vape and the same batteries for my vape (18650) are rechargeable and some flashlights are made to work with these types of batteries and are very good. Also cheap price and I already have tons of batteries and a charger so... that was the best choice for me. I have some stronger ones for night diving that are waterproof and fun to film underwater at night lol. It's like going into a haunted house... with sharks...

The guns shops carry a lot of good tactical military grade flashlights like the Surefire. I bought a Surefire U2 several years ago when they began the LED military march against Maglite and it is one of the best I've worked with but it is an expensive brand. They used to be around $299 when they first came out, but can be found for <$200 now with all the competition. Beware of the cheap and super bright 'plastic' ones as they can melt and distort as they do get hot.

Review this site: What Is The Best Small Flashlight Of 2016? | BTFlashlights I was surprised to see Thrunite TN36 is rated at 7,300 lumens! Wow!

GMack said:
The guns shops carry a lot of good tactical military grade flashlights like the Surefire. I bought a Surefire U2 several years ago when they began the LED military march against Maglite and it is one of the best I've worked with but it is an expensive brand. They used to be around $299 when they first came out, but can be found for <$200 now with all the competition. Beware of the cheap and super bright 'plastic' ones as they can melt and distort as they do get hot.

Review this site: What Is The Best Small Flashlight Of 2016? | BTFlashlights I was surprised to see Thrunite TN36 is rated at 7,300 lumens! Wow!
I doubt I would ever get my best deal at a gun shop. I have found that if they are not rude they are overpriced or both. I like guns but I am not a nut about it. Don't hunt.... people or animals.

There is a brilliant marvellous solution, to your drone orientation and photography needs. Lume Cubes
1500 Lumens @6000 Kelvin.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
image.jpeg

We even make beautiful music together... Haha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Chrislaf
I'm looking on Amazon to get a couple of decent led flashlights that fit into a pocket. There is so much stuff out there and names I don't recognize. I have had Maglites for years. I know there is a lot of junk out there. I would like to have zoom, strobe, power settings, and use batteries. Not really into the rechargeable unless it's a good one and can also take regular batteries. I also don't really want to spend a ton of money. I see many on Amazon that are cheap and I just don't know if they are junk. Anyone have a decent one and can share the model. These are not going into battle. Just spares. Is a 900 lumen light very bright? Thanks.
Nick
The 900 lumens are bright enough to give you a clear view of things other than 1,000 feet away. If you want a flashlight that is bright enough and portable, Anker is a good choice. Whether you want to use it while camping, or just as a backup lighting in the event of a power outage, it's enough.

Just remember heaps of light is good to see but not good for landing,you have to land backwards or you will blind and nearly fly into yourself,trust me on that,,I did find the phantom 4 headlight set good,led cree torches, 2 pair set,price carts on Ebay but cheap and just clip in front , if like me I had 2 sets,front and back and 2 normal led torches on lumb cube mounts,,each light carrie 1 AA battery x6..weight added the p4 not mind.probly made it more steady.bottom pic is torch that clip in front or back..the other thing thing these have a strobe flash or on all time,,can angle them at any direction,this was my first p4 so might do similar to my new one,,it's handy to they just clip on and off,,even with these small lights they very bright so coming down to land looks like 747 ,,,,,don't blind yourself lol
Screenshot_20190815-163236_Chrome.jpg
1565843001546310492088047971683.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie