Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Leave GoPro in gimbal for storage of P2?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Bugatti, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Bugatti

My GoPro will only ever be used with the P2 in the Zenmuse gimbal. Is there any reason to ever remove it when storing away my Phantom?

2. neil64

Well no, of course not. Just don't forget to turn off the Phantom 2 battery and the GoPro.

3. FASTFJR

Just storing it?.........no

But if your not planning on using it, just flying around I would take it off. One less thing to break

4. Bugatti

Just flying around ...remove Zenmuse ..or just remove GoPRo and leave Zenmuse on? I was under the impression that GoPro has to be on Zenmuse gimbal anytime it is powered on...

5. havasuphoto

Not true. If you remove the go pro, the zen will enter hibernation mode, and just dangle there.
    I store my GP3 on my PH1 all the time. I use it for FPV, and see no reason to remove As long as you remove the battery, just make sure the GP is turned off.