Leary of the P2V+

Reaction score
With all the problems V3 and the new DJI app (1.0.39) are having I am so nervous to order the P2V+. It looks like the perfect machine on paper but in reality with both the app and firmware having as many problems as they are this thing could turn out to be a nightmare. My fingers are crossed!

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

I would not worry too much
( keep this in mind ) the update was made ( mostly ) for the P2V+
Plus since there a no upgrade ( P2V to P2V+ ) tells me the circuitry is different in the 2 aircrafts ( motherboard CPU, ect. )
If anything I would be more worried about the older models not handling the updated firmware, due to older tech ( conflicting ) with new Tech )? This is solely my opinion, but I updated my P2V, and I have had absolutely no issues ( as of yet ) so m cool with it

And please also keep in mind ( there are some scary stories out there ) but all the stories together equal alot less than 1% of all phantoms out there ( as several hundred thousand units produced every year ) and only 100 have problems ( do the math )

Less than 1% is excellent odds, that pretty much guarantees you a good one. ( over 99% guarantee ) more like 99.98% lol

Just have fun! Deal with any problems as they arise!

Your friend,
Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

J Dot said:
I would not worry too much
( keep this in mind ) the update was made ( mostly ) for the P2V+
Plus since there a no upgrade ( P2V to P2V+ ) tells me the circuitry is different in the 2 aircrafts ( motherboard CPU, ect. )
If anything I would be more worried about the older models not handling the updated firmware, due to older tech ( conflicting ) with new Tech )? This is solely my opinion, but I updated my P2V, and I have had absolutely no issues ( as of yet ) so m cool with it

And please also keep in mind ( there are some scary stories out there ) but all the stories together equal alot less than 1% of all phantoms out there ( as several hundred thousand units produced every year ) and only 100 have problems ( do the math )

Less than 1% is excellent odds, that pretty much guarantees you a good one. ( over 99% guarantee ) more like 99.98% lol

Just have fun! Deal with any problems as they arise!

Your friend,
Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying, where are you getting this "a lot less that 1%"" number from? It seems like a number you just made up to make your point. It's clear there have been substantial issues with several previous releases from DJI. I'm an owner and a fan, but I'm not "pre-ordering" anything again from them again - ever. They have repeatedly burned early adopters.

Yeah just a point, dji would not disclose actual numbers of ( problem phantoms ) or even how many produced each year, as I asked
But their reply was they could not disclose info! At present time?
So I used my best guess, and approx numbers. Just saying a lot of people are worrying for nothing,
As there are a lot more success stories ( of good flights ) or event free flights, than crashes or fly-a-ways!
Just trying to get people to ENJOY their phantoms, not be scared of them ( as far as fly-a-ways, ect )
People talk about HUNDREDS OF FLY-a-ways, and such but even a few hundred flyaways compared to a hundred thousand units,
Is a very small number of bad units compared to the extremely LARGE number of good ones!
Day and night apart from each other !
In other words spend less time worrying and more time enjoying, that is all!
Plus I believe more people lose phantoms in crashes than Fly-a-ways!
I'm truely sorry, you have had such trouble with DJI Products ( or first run products )
I have only ever owned 1 a P2V about 3-4 months old now ( had around 100 ) flawless flights with it,
And only 1 weird event ( I chalk up to ( compass mis-calibration ) I recalibrated, and problem solved ( small drifting away issue )
And had 1 other issue with Auto app update ( got FPV LAG. ) but upon deleting & reinstalling app and lowering my. ( preview rate )
Problem solved, so only 2 VERY MINOR issues In around a 100 flights! I cannot complain ! I do agree. ( however ) with you, and believe they have a few software/firmware issues with glitching and strange stuff happening, but how much I USER ERROR, and how much is actually DJI? I don't know? But I bet user error is pretty high!
( installed wrong, PC has virus, or unknow software/firmware conflict with PC , or other unknow. ( PC problems. ) causing a bad update! )

I just want us all to have fun! Sorry if I offended anyone with hypothetical numbers , which I believe true , but it was ONLY MY OPINION, as I ( personally ) like to stay Positive, and find good in thingsthat are less than good!
But I will try to use only facts in future posts ! Take care!

Jerry
USA
( J Dot. )

The basic platform is the same, so hopefully they have learned from the P2V early issues and not test the early birds on guinea pigs.

I have stuck my toe in the water so will have to wait and see what heppens.

:D

Can anyone chime in here that has had a p2v go awry and you were able to remedy the problem?

This is where I see they will get a bad rep: if I can't remedy problems, then this just becomes a very expensive 'throwaway device'.

I am flying my phantom with a 'kite string' right now because it has lost its mind.

- calibrated multiple times under 3.0, as I thought new was better;
- had an immediate flyaway which caused the need for a rebuild;
- rebuilt, calibrated again with 3.0 but still the same - learned about the 'toilet bowl effect';
- have since down graded to 1.8, attached a tether to the copter as it is quite unpredictable.
- - It wants to go back or to the right; or left and back;
- I am now writing this note wondering if it would do any better under naza control and whether this controller will work for that purpose.

I think you you purchase a Phantom, you need to go into it with the understanding that there is x chance that something is going to wrong and you're going to lose it. If you are ok with that, then you'll enjoy the experience. I think x is a significantly less if you aren't an early adopter. From battery issues, to the early zenmuse's burning out, to multiple bad firmware updates, it just doesn't make any sense to me to "pre-order" anything. They also have a history of significantly dropping the price after the product is in the field for a little while.

I got my P2V+ today and it is INCREDIBLE! Way better than my PV2, the video is incredible and the stills are even better yet. I have had some problems with the new Android APP but the iOS APP seems to work great. I'm pretty sure whatever issues are out there that DJI will get them fixed.

PhantomIV said:
I got my P2V+ today and it is INCREDIBLE! Way better than my PV2, the video is incredible and the stills are even better yet. I have had some problems with the new Android APP but the iOS APP seems to work great. I'm pretty sure whatever issues are out there that DJI will get them fixed.
What app did you down load for your Iphone 5

Interesting to finally read an actual user report about the "+" P2V camera. I'm wondering why you described it as so much better than the P2V.? Was the quality of the camera that much improved? And if so, how? Sharper images, more saturation, less distortion? OR...was it because of the much better stability due to the 3-axis gimbal and redesigned camera package??

Since you are a P2V owner, your comparisons and opinions are especially valuable, thanks for sharing.

Glad you are happy with it.....I've been resisting the urge to sell / swap my P2V for the promised improved photographic capabilities...!!

Mori...you could be right since he joined just a few minutes before that one post....and nothing since...

Crickets...

I can't say enough good about the Vision+! I've had a Vision 2 for a little while but the Vision+ is absolutely cool. The camera is leaps and bounds beyond the previous version and the 3D gimbal is perfect. I'm not a big video guy but I love taking pictures and the stills are better than real life. I did have the pixelation issue when I was using my Samsung S4 but now that I switched to my iPhone 5s the App works perfect. My Vision 2 could only go out about 650-700 feet reliably, I'm getting 1,100-1,200 with the Vision+. Here is a photo (only allows 600k).

Attachments

• DJI00027.jpg
    DJI00027.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 458
For the couple of you with such wonderful outlooks on life, I apologize for not living my life on your schedule. I was trying to give some actual feedback from a real Vision+ user. Don't worry I won't waste any more of your time.

PhantomIV said:
I can't say enough good about the Vision+! I've had a Vision 2 for a little while but the Vision+ is absolutely cool. The camera is leaps and bounds beyond the previous version and the 3D gimbal is perfect. I'm not a big video guy but I love taking pictures and the stills are better than real life. I did have the pixelation issue when I was using my Samsung S4 but now that I switched to my iPhone 5s the App works perfect. My Vision 2 could only go out about 650-700 feet reliably, I'm getting 1,100-1,200 with the Vision+. Here is a photo (only allows 600k).

Thanks for the photo. I have to say it looks great. I would love to see the raw format.

PhantomIV said:
For the couple of you with such wonderful outlooks on life, I apologize for not living my life on your schedule. I was trying to give some actual feedback from a real Vision+ user. Don't worry I won't waste any more of your time.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. I for one am grateful for a still photo and you took a dandy! Everyone posts videos but photos are hard to find. Thanks for your assessment and for posting. Please stick around!

Phil

PhantomIV said:

Great photo, thank you for sharing!

THANK YOU,
So much for the Still shot! WOW, you were ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, almost unreal colors !
Now I want one!

I AGREE, just conduct yourself as you would normally, cause it means the world to ME,
And don't let others bring you down, I'm sure they were just over excited to see what the
P2V+ is capable off, and simply got impatient! I'm glad you posted, am and looking forward to
Future posts! Please do not stoop to their level, MY dad always killed catfish when he caught them, not to eat
Only kill? Never threw them back! So i asked him WHY? He told me they are bad fish, and if we keep throwing them back, and only keeping the good ones, we will be left with a sea FULL of BAD FISH!

J Dot said:
THANK YOU,
So much fit the Still shot! WOW, you were ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, almost unreal colors !
Now I want one!

I AGREE, just conduct yourself as you would normally, cause it means the world to ME,
And don't let others bring you down, I'm sure they were just over excited to see what the
P2V+ is capable off, and simply got impatient! I'm glad you posted, am and looking forward to
Future posts! Please do not stoop to their level, MY dad always killed catfish when he caught them, not to eat
Only kill? Never threw them back! So i asked him WHY? He told me they are bad fish, and if we keep throwing them back, and only keeping the good ones, we will be left with a sea FULL of BAD FISH!
Huh ??? A philosopher ! Whatever..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31