Learning to fly

Reaction score
I've been flying a "toy" quad for about a month now and feel like I've got a decent handle on it - it's one of the v949 / Blade MQX / Walkera style about 10" across. I'm looking at upgrading to a Phantom, and I'm wondering how much of a jump there is in skill required?

With all of the stabilisation, return home, ATTI and GPS, is it still a lot harder to fly?

mroberts said:
I've been flying a "toy" quad for about a month now and feel like I've got a decent handle on it - it's one of the v949 / Blade MQX / Walkera style about 10" across. I'm looking at upgrading to a Phantom, and I'm wondering how much of a jump there is in skill required?

With all of the stabilisation, return home, ATTI and GPS, is it still a lot harder to fly?
Hey if you got flying a Blade mQX phantom will be a dream.
I trained with mQX and when got my Phantom... Super easy, RTF, with new firmaware now it takes off almost Automatic way.
Don't worry. Phantom is for RC newbies recommended. Just watch DJI site videos and you'll be a fan. :p

http://www.dji-innovations.com/how-to-fly-your-phantom/

If you can make the mix go through its paces than a phantom will be easier to fly than if you have flown nothing at all the best test on the max is to do figure 8s with out a glitch and the phantom will be like a sports car to you I say go for it and use commen sees when flying it. If you get in over your head just let go of the sticks on the phantom in GPS and settle down than fly again have fun

Light hands, little inputs. Don't over react, it'll behave itself. I think most of us get into trouble because its so easy that we push it fast and find out thats where the trouble starts. My first video, also my first flight over water, blew my mind when I played it back on my computer. You'll love it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lbt9qncAk1g

Isn't that crazy? No wonder we live in fear/wonder when we fly.

my Phantom was my first experience flying any RC craft.
.. and I practiced for the first time in my confined backyard and front yard.

You'll ve fine, but I'd definitely recommend starting out in a big field if you can, away from trees!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20