Learned something new tonight

Reaction score
I found out that a bad sd card will cause all kinds of issues . Such as no connection to the app and a limp gimbal . I'm glad I caught it pretty quick and didn't loss any sleep.

I found out that a bad sd card will cause all kinds of issues . Such as no connection to the app and a limp gimbal . I'm glad I caught it pretty quick and didn't loss any sleep.
Seriously?

Was it trashed? Or maybe just a reformat?
I have not reformatted mine for a while I just delete the media folder and leave everything else....Scandisk

I tried reformatting it and I can't get any of my devices to even read it. Somehow it got seriously curropted . I haven't done anything to it other than remove it from my tablet and put it in my phantom. I'm not sure what I did but I did something . So if anyone in the future has similar issues as me, change out your sd card. Hope that helps someone in the future.

I tried reformatting it and I can't get any of my devices to even read it. Somehow it got seriously curropted . I haven't done anything to it other than remove it from my tablet and put it in my phantom. I'm not sure what I did but I did something . So if anyone in the future has similar issues as me, change out your sd card. Hope that helps someone in the future.
I replace mine with a 64G, so I have the other as a spare. Always good to have a spare with you.

Good to know, glad you figured it out! I have to admit the Limp gimbal comment is funny[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Reactions: Jbundy63
Corrupt sd card could mean its a fake.
Download an andriod app called sd insight. It validates your sd card in seconds to make sure its genuine.

I lost 4 flights on a fake sd card that i thought was real

DJI addressed this a few weeks ago and is some thing to do with one of the data pins if it dont make good contact will cause the things you described. after I found out I decided to make sure to use de-oxit contact cleaner and protector on my sd cards now to. which is one of the things de-oxit recommends there product for as well as on any any low voltage data connections. Which is why its also very good to use on the data pads on the battery's for the p2s and p3s also. Which eliminates all the problems any ones had with battery data connections. Which on the p2s were real common. Tho not as bad with the p3s being they have redundant pins now and each pad has two pins for each connection and a wider pad so that if one pin dont have good contact the other should. Tho I still de-oxit just to be sure it will always be problem free.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
DJI addressed this a few weeks ago and is some thing to do with one of the data pins if it dont make good contact will cause the things you described. after I found out I decided to make sure to use de-oxit contact cleaner and protector on my sd cards now to. which is one of the things de-oxit recommends there product for as well as on any any low voltage data connections. Which is why its also very good to use on the data pads on the battery's for the p2s and p3s also. Which eliminates all the problems any ones had with battery data connections. Which on the p2s were real common. Tho not as bad with the p3s being they have redundant pins now and each pad has two pins for each connection and a wider pad so that if one pin dont have good contact the other should. Tho I still de-oxit just to be sure it will always be problem free.
That is good to know. I'll pick some up this week. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.