latest update installed

Reaction score
I have a new phantom 3 pro, given to me for Christmas. I updated everything to new firmware. I have been doing a lot of research but I don't understand . Does the new firmware that I down loaded prevent my p3p from starting up and flying in no fly zones, or is that an update coming ? I of course am a newbie so I have been flying it in beginners mode in my back yard not flying very high nor far. I am with in the 30 mile temp no fly zone around DC but was fine in the 15 mile one.. So if there is another update coming out does that mean I won't even be able to fly in my back yard??

thanks,

You should not fly in a no fly zone whether or not the software allows you to do it.

Reactions: bobmyers and JBG
You should not fly in a no fly zone whether or not the software allows you to do it.
well I guess I will be boxing it back up till something changes, or I happen to be traveling somewhere far away :pensive: sad, was such a fun Christmas present ! Well hope things change in the future :(

well I guess I will be boxing it back up till something changes, or I happen to be traveling somewhere far away :pensive: sad, was such a fun Christmas present ! Well hope things change in the future :(
You cant leave the DC area to fly it?? - a lot of pretty and interesting country out of the DC area. I live in Texas and flying in my back yard is of no interest. Always looking for places that require a little drive time.

You cant leave the DC area to fly it?? - a lot of pretty and interesting country out of the DC area. I live in Texas and flying in my back yard is of no interest. Always looking for places that require a little drive time.
yes I can but at the moment I only have two batteries , I think I would need a couple more to really make the drive worth it, yes you are right I can't box it up, I tried and couldn't bring my self to do it :tearsofjoy:

yes I can but at the moment I only have two batteries , I think I would need a couple more to really make the drive worth it, yes you are right I can't box it up, I tried and couldn't bring my self to do it :tearsofjoy:
I have five batteries, a small gasoline charger and a multicharger that can charge 3 batteries at once. I can take a drive and fly all day and never run out of batteries.

Reactions: atichargr
I hope you stay with it. It's such a fun hobby and getting out of DC is always a good thing!

Sent from my PT beating heart

I hope you stay with it. It's such a fun hobby and getting out of DC is always a good thing!

I have only been doing it since Christmas, but I find it a lot of fun ! I actually live outside DC, I was good when it had the 15 mile radius. Now expanded I fall with in it.. I live in a nice suburb out side DC. I hear rumors of the FAA possibly making changes in the middle of January I was hoping that would be the case, so I can get some more confidence and practice in before driving somewhere to fly. That being said I also heard that they may only change the rules for clubs. You would probably have to join a club and fly at designated fields . Not my cup of tea I would rather be able to fly/test at home or close to home until I felt I was not going to loose or damage my Phantom.

I'm pretty sure they won't make it so you can only fly at clubs. DJI is such a huge company and they would stand to lose much if that happened. I'm sure there are some lobbyists on behalf of the UAV world. I flew fixed wing RC for years and had they limited that to clubs I'm pretty sure I woulda had nowhere to fly! I've been in a flying club and they are pretty fun, but I have P3Ps to film with. I rarely fly above 200 feet and 80% of the time I'm not above 20 feet! But I'm filming for a purpose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20