latest firmware update issue?

Reaction score
I've been reading these posts for several weeks now in anticipation of my new phantom 2 vision plus. It arrived yesterday and proceed to do all updates before first flight. After updating it is not recognizing it as a vision 2 plus, just phantom 2. No vido connection on wifi, or camera light. Did I mess up?

Yes, I used the assistant 3.2. I'll try to send a screen shot as soon as I get home. Thanks.

Got home and connected to the computer and this time It recognized it just fine. Did all the updates, windows driver disconnected in the middle of the update, did it a second time and it went through just fine. Powered down, rebooted computer and checked again and everything seems in order. Now I'm apprehensive about flying it tomorrow, sure hope all the updates went through alright, I guess I'll know tomorrow.

Some tips for your first flight (that I learned over the last few days)

Step 1. Field calibration.
Step 2. See Step 1
Step 3. See Step 2
Step 4. If you do not have GPS lock, do not take off unless you have ZERO wind.
Step 5. If you turn on the camera, very closely monitor your satellite locks. They can drop precipitously if you haven't done the foil mod and you turn the camera on.
Step 6. If you test the RTH feature, remember that if your bird's altitude is less than 20m, it will fly up first before coming down. I forgot this and thought I was about to suffer a flyaway.
Step 7. Have fun.

Yes. Having fun does really come after all the other steps.... unless you have lots of disposable income. =)

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.