P3 Firmware Latest Adv P3 Firmware

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
Haven't turned the P3 Advanced on for a while (haven't had the time unfortunately.)
Finally had a quick fly, however the app said to update the birds firmware (red background - cannot recall exactly what it said something like update firmware.) Fly went fine, but I didn't have it up there for long in case something happened - as I had never this come up before.

Long story short, the last time I updated any of the firmware - App, bird, remote was in November 2015.

How are the latest firmwares? Should I be updating them all? I want trouble free flying, which touch wood, I have had to date.
I am located in Australia - If any Aus users have had any problems with the latest firmwares that would be great to know.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: pilot ss
I updated mine yesterday - aircraft went fine but having allowed the tablet app to update the controller - it said it failed since then (in probably the best weather we've had all year) I have been unable to fly. The controller now turns on with a single press of the power button - if I put the bin file on the sd card in the usb slot it doesn't initiate downloads and the controller refuses to see the aircraft though does connect and talk with the tablet (DJI GO) app. Frustrated as hell.

I updated mine yesterday - aircraft went fine but having allowed the tablet app to update the controller - it said it failed since then (in probably the best weather we've had all year) I have been unable to fly. The controller now turns on with a single press of the power button - if I put the bin file on the sd card in the usb slot it doesn't initiate downloads and the controller refuses to see the aircraft though does connect and talk with the tablet (DJI GO) app. Frustrated as hell.
Sorry to hear you had a problem with the RC. I would suggest that you uninstall the go app and reinstall. Give it try. You will not need the aircraft on.
Be sure your Internet is up and running. Let me know if you see the RC requires upgrade on the status screen. If so, that means you have another chance to redo the upgrade.
Good luck,, BB..:cool:

Had my first flight today with everything running the latest FM. no dramas, thankfully, but i was unable to manually take off. I believe that I use to be able to push both sticks in the downward position and the P3 would start and I could take off..?
I had to slide for take off. Possibly something I have missed post updating the FM..?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had my first flight today with everything running the latest FM. no dramas, thankfully, but i was unable to manually take off. I believe that I use to be able to push both sticks in the downward position and the P3 would start and I could take off..?
I had to slide for take off. Possibly something I have missed post updating the FM..?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sticks down and in. Be sure beginner mode is turned off.

My DJI software indicates I need an update but when I try to install the latest update it doesn't do anything, it's as if I didn't have the .bin file on the card. My P3 Adv is new and I had no trouble updating it the first time but now it does nothing. (and it's not generating a text file) It seems to be flying normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried re formatting your SD card?

Yes, and I tried using two different cards to be sure it wasn't an issue with the card. Still nothing. (I did the fat32 quick format option)

Be sure your RC is turned off. You do not need it on to do the update. Place SD card in, then turn on the bird. Wait about 5 seconds and you should hear 2 beeps from the gimbal. Then several steady beeps once the update begins. If that doesn't work, then you could have a bad or dirty card reader.

Last edited:
When I start all I get (besides the normal loud startup beeps) is (3) of the soft beeps, one long and 2 short. (It's recording video fine, so I'm thinking the internal reader is OK? Yes? I also tried to to a controller update just to see and it also does nothing)

The controller update is normally done thru the Go app.
What FW version are you on now?

v1.8.80 (I'm not getting any messages that say's the controller needs updating I just thought I would see if that .bin file would do anything. I'm getting messages (2) that say the aircraft and the battery update required.

v1.8.80 (I'm not getting any messages that say's the controller needs updating I just thought I would see if that .bin file would do anything. I'm getting messages (2) that say the aircraft and the battery update required.
That's ok, there is no update for the controller this time.
Perhaps try re downloading the file once again. Unzip and place in the main root of the SD card. It's possible that you could have a corrupted bin file.

Thanks so much Blue Bird, you nailed it on the last suggestion. I downloaded the firmware again and compared file size and they were NOT the same. Tried it again with total success! Thanks for taking so much of your time troubleshooting the possible problem. I'll take what I've learned here and hopefully be able to help someone else out down the road as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl