Lastest DJI Go 4 crash

Reaction score
2nd day using the new update Go 4 app. Crashed 4 times. Most of the time it give you an option to reload.

You might want submit log crash to DJI.
With Samsung you should find it in directory
/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

been using Go4 for 2 days now and no real issues with my P4 with ipad mini2

Seems like crashes are only related to people using anything other than an Apple product.

Reactions: chadrob30
Seems like crashes are only related to people using anything other than an Apple product.
I have been using it on a Samsung Tab 2 without any issues.

Is this an Apple Troll. Android is not the issue, perhaps the tablet or the user.

I updated app, there were no up dates using Assistant 2, said I was current. Did a refresh anyway.

If it doesn't ask for update on controller, how do you do an update?

Took it out today and app crashed 3 xs.

I am disappointed with DJI and the p4 - they contacted me to say, "Android users need to update software on tablet, plane and controller to solve RTH issue" then say that they will not make any more p4s and are terminating it's support!
My brother and a nephew accompany me flying and were thinking of getting a p3 and p4 respectively. All 3 of us have enjoyed ourselves for a few months but we will now be looking into the drones from more responsible manufacturers.
I haven't had a crash or a RTH incident, I didn't expect either. What I do expect though is satisfactory customer service

Reactions: sparky1111
Please post the contract that said they are not supporting the P4.
I had an issue and they still fully support the one year warranty.

I believe you are confusing the fact they are not supporting the DJI app and only are supporting the new DJI4 app.

Reactions: Red Duster
Please post the contract that said they are not supporting the P4.
I had an issue and they still fully support the one year warranty.
I believe you are confusing the fact they are not supporting the DJI app and only are supporting the new DJI4 app.

Hi MGS9500,
have you looked at this thread DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android]. ?
I hope you are right and I was wrong, I read that they are stopping producing the p4 then I see a message when I switch on the RC that says support will be ending! I thought, "This sounds grim". but if they're ok with warranty and the ending of support only refers to the version of the app that I keep trying to update that's great. My plane has not been the same since I updated to that version a few weeks ago anyway! I have just uninstalled DJI Go from my tablet and installed DJI Go 4. :) Thanks MGS 9500!
I received another message from DJI earlier this week that I think said I had to update the firmware on the plane and controller. Would you mind telling me to do that please?

Last edited:
Had Verizon tablet on mine
It keep saying fox news was off air
then went black. had drone on beginner so landed
with out problem.
Went to Walmart bought a IPad Mini 4
dedicated to drone only
It works better now it is easy to tell it was designed for apple product
not to say other will not work.
this just works better

Reactions: chadrob30
I have just bought an iPad mini too. I'll keep it in the drone box. Why didn't they just say that they weren't capable of writing software for two operating systems? Their bravado has cost me money, childish brats.

I have been an iOS go app user from day one but I got a Nidia shield k1 and the new DJI go 4 lags and then dumps and go's offline.

It really is bad when I am up at 300ft and the disconnect warning shows or video downlink is broken up with white clouds and then the go app disappears totally and I have to launch this android app again while in flight!

The iOS version is 99% video clean and never closed it self on my iOS iPad mini 2 or my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone 7 plus.

Definitely under the latest android OS, the DJI go 4 is dangers!

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Had Verizon tablet on mine
It keep saying fox news was off air
then went black. had drone on beginner so landed
with out problem.
Went to Walmart bought a IPad Mini 4
dedicated to drone only
It works better now it is easy to tell it was designed for apple product
not to say other will not work.
this just works better
This is very much like saying Chevy is better than Ford because you have your Ford configured wrong.

Any "dedicated" device will generally perform better than one being used for a multitude of independent uses with all sorts of other apps installed.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I've developed apps for both Android and iOS platforms. It is simply a fact that it is easier to wedge iOS with a poorly designed app than it is Android. Linux, the underlying OS in Android, is much more robust, and handles multitasking better.

So, don't mistake limiting an iOS device to running just DJI GO in an otherwise virginal setup to run is all "better" when you've made the comparison invalid by loading a streaming video app on Android, and are trying to use it at the same time.

You can watch Fox News on the iPad too, and I'll bet that if you tried to do that and fly your drone with DJI GO at the same time, you'd have some problems.

Understood. It's just my observation that all of my IOS devices seem to work pretty well with the DJI app over the years since my Phantom 3, inspire 1, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic. I admit that DJI had IOS performance issues back in 2015, and still on and off with different versions but I wanted to try android base hand me down Samsung Galaxy s4 that did not work so well, then I tried the Nvidia shield with the K1 GPU thinking it would give me HDMI output for Head Play Fpv googles, but even with that horsepower, the old go app and the new go app 4 for Android is not as good compared to IOS and all my IOS hardware. Believe me, these devices only have DJI app on the and are dedicated display devices for flying.

So maybe it's just that DJI needs a little more time to improve the android Go 4 app.

I will just wait and see.

Just my experience to give to all on said subject.

I am wondering how well the Phantom 4 Pro with the Embedded Go App is working for those that purchased this controller with its display working out?

Anyone know?

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

well I am not a computer geek
So I don't get into re-doing I pads
But one thing I noticed The droid would not convert metric to feet
soon as I put the system on the apple
it corrected that and other malfunctions
The droid had been in use for a year or more ,so it was loaded
with other thing.
I have a micro soft surface .Didn't even try it
Erased everting on Apple that I don't need so there are no conflicting programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.