Last week for DJI then I'm going anti DJI!

What will be the outcome?

• DJI will eat the $72 and all will be settled.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DJI will not concede anything.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm so frustrated with DJI support. I've been messing around for more than a month and a half trying to get my P3S fixed. I just got off the phone again today with customer service and the dude sent me a copy of the invoice which tells me they looked at it but they haven't determined anything off my flight log because that part of the DJI support is a serious cluster from what I've discerned. The invoice is trying to include stuff that isn't broken like the landing gear legs and wifi cables but doesn't seem to even include anything that would actually make the camera work. I don't even think they really looked at it. I think they did a visual inspection and just wrote down stuff. Well, if I don't get a brand new aircraft out of this, I'm selling my other P3A and the P3S and going with a different manufacture. I'm tired of the b.s. Yes, I love the aircraft. But I'm not going to deal with a company that can't service its customers. By the way, that invoice is dated 6/8/2016. What's today's date? You see my frustration? The only reason I know about that invoice is because the customer service guy sent it to me today. The worst part? there's nobody calling or emailing me with any updates. Every bit of information I've managed to get is because I wait a week then call back. And it isn't until I call back that I get any progress. They were never going to ask me for the flight logs until I called a week and a half ago. Then a guy asked me to send them. This is ridiculous. This is the last week. Then I'm going to look at the other manufactures out there and I will be anti DJI for the rest of my life and will advocate against the brand. I can be a PITA and I will use my relentless abilities to be a serious malcontent. If nothing else, whoever runs DJI will know about this. I will find a way to personally let him know. Because I've spent almost $2,000 on DJI stuff and I'm not getting my money's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrapolis
I'm so frustrated with DJI support. I've been messing around for more than a month and a half trying to get my P3S fixed. I just got off the phone again today with customer service and the dude sent me a copy of the invoice which tells me they looked at it but they haven't determined anything off my flight log because that part of the DJI support( Expletive Removed ) "from what I've discerned. The invoice is trying to include ( E R ) that isn't broken like the landing gear legs and wifi cables but doesn't seem to even include anything that would actually make the camera work. I don't even think they really looked at it. I think they did a visual inspection and just wrote down some ****. Well, if I don't get a brand new aircraft out of this, I'm selling my other P3A and the P3S and going with a different manufacture. I'm tired of the b.s. Yes, I love the aircraft. But I'm not going to deal with a company that can't service its customers. By the way, that invoice is dated 6/8/2016. What's today's date? You see my frustration? The only reason I know about that invoice is because the customer service guy sent it to me today. The worst part? there's nobody calling or emailing me with any updates. Every bit of information I've managed to get is because I wait a week then call back. And it isn't until I call back that I get any progress. They were never going to ask me for the flight logs until I called a week and a half ago. Then a guy asked me to send them. This is ridiculous. This is the last week. Then I'm going to look at the other manufactures out there and I will be anti DJI for the rest of my life and will advocate against the brand. I can be a ( E R )and I will use my journalistic abilities connections and to be a serious malcontent. Because I've spent almost $2,000 on DJI stuff and I'm not getting my money's worth.
pumpkin time

6 weeks is a long time. You have no emails from DJI?

The day after my AC was colleceted I got an email to say it was received and a CAS number with instructions to log on and check repair progress. Next day another email to say assessed with an invoice detailing repair (parts and labour) with discount allowed 100%. Online enquiry now reveals repaired and tested so should be back with me soon.

My experience is a LOT different to yours. What is the issue with your AC? Why do you expect a replacement? Perhaps if you.post more detail a memeber here who is close to DJI can assist you with a resolution.

Hooefully this will end well for you.

It's been a disaster dude. Here's exactly how it's gone (approximately).

May 15 or so I get an RMA and shipping label. OK, great.
May 17 or so I drop off the P3S in the package at a FedEx Office.
I wait two weeks, but I don't hear from DJI.

I call DJI on the Monday after Memorial Day. They tell me they don't have it so we check FedEx tracking and the package was on hold at the facility that I left it at for two weeks then released ironically on the day I called. Or probably over the weekend. So we figure out through me figuring it out that my package was basically just sitting somewhere for two weeks with both the sender and the receiver's phone number on it yet neither myself nor DJI was notified. Now this begs the question, why do we give our phone numbers if FedEx isn't going to actually use them in the one instance they need them for (the FedEx ineptitude is another issue).

The package finally arrives at DJI the following Monday which was the 6th of June maybe? I get an email from them on the 7th saying they checked my unit in.

I called them back on 6/13 after not hearing anything and I was told they needed my flight logs (remember I just found out today that there was an invoice created 6/8/2016 that has "no flight log found, ask customer to sync" in the notes section). So had I not called that day, we'd still be at that point. So they dropped the ball there. So far, in terms of weeks lost due to ineptitude, the score is, FedEx 2, DJI 1.

On the 6/13, I sent the flight logs then waited for some sort of confirmation that never came. So I sent another email the following day just asking them to confirm they recieved the log, and I never heard back.

On 6/15 I called, spoke with someone and she said something that was not helpful and then proceeded to close the ticket out because I received an email stating as such about 10 minutes I got off the phone with her. So whoever that girl was, she needs to be fired because she completely missed the boat on that one. Some people just don't listen. So I called back and some dude reopened the ticket and apologized. I will say, they are good at apologizing. I've been apologized to so much. It's nuts.

That basically brings us to today. The last time I spoke with someone from DJI was on that day and I was told all further communications would be coming from the service department through email. Well, no emails. What's it been, two weeks?

Score DJI 3, FedEx 2.

So I called DJI back tonight and asked them to explain this one part I didn't recognize. It's a part for the FPV that controls the camera and makes it work. So now I feel like they did really check the aircraft. The part is $12. The total labor cost is $120. But that includes replacing the body shell and landing gear and wifi cables so you figure DJI probably charges $60/hr for labor so that's probably two hours. Well I asked the girl to involve someone who could resolve this. So she is going to get me a resolution. I only want the gimble fixed. I already fixed the gimble arms and replaced them with a new ribbon. The aircraft flies perfect still. It has a few cracks on the shell. Nobody on my end cares about that.

So we're at five weeks of wasted time. Three on DJI. And chances are, I'm going to be told they won't cover the crash. The moral of the story is, DJI has a serious disconnect with the front-end customer service and back-end repair departments. And what it's going to do is cost them a customer. If they cut an hour of labor off for just fixing the FPV cable, and eat that $72, they'll save a customer who plans on buying some serious equipment within the next year. $72. Remember, I just documented without a doubt where DJI has cost me three weeks. Is $72 worth that to DJI? I've done more work on my case than DJI employees have. I'm the one figuring out where the broken chain is and moving it along. My billable time is worth more than $72.

Last edited:

I call DJI on the Monday after Memorial Day. They tell me they don't have it so we check FedEx tracking and the package was on hold at the facility that I left it at for two weeks then released ironically on the day I called. Or probably over the weekend. So we figure out through me figuring it out that my package was basically just sitting somewhere for two weeks with both the sender and the receiver's phone number on it yet neither myself nor DJI was notified. Now this begs the question, why do we give our phone numbers if FedEx isn't going to actually use them in the one instance they need them for (the FedEx ineptitude is another issue).

The package finally arrives at DJI the following Monday which was the 6th of June maybe? I get an email from them on the 7th saying they checked my unit in.

I called them back on 6/13 after not hearing anything and I was told they needed my flight logs (remember I just found out today that there was an invoice created 6/8/2016 that has "no flight log found, ask customer to sync" in the notes section). So had I not called that day, we'd still be at that point. So they dropped the ball there. So far, in terms of weeks lost due to ineptitude, the score is, FedEx 2, DJI 1.

On the 6/13, I sent the flight logs then waited for some sort of confirmation that never came. So I sent another email the following day just asking them to confirm they recieved the log, and I never heard back.

On 6/15 I called, spoke with someone and she said something that was not helpful and then proceeded to close the ticket out because I received an email stating as such about 10 minutes I got off the phone with her. So whoever that girl was, she needs to be fired because she completely missed the boat on that one. Some people just don't listen. So I called back and some dude reopened the ticket and apologized. I will say, they are good at apologizing. I've been apologized to so much. It's nuts.

That basically brings us to today. The last time I spoke with someone from DJI was on that day and I was told all further communications would be coming from the service department through email. Well, no emails. What's it been, two weeks?

Score DJI 3, FedEx 2.

So I called DJI back tonight and asked them to explain this one part I didn't recognize. It's a part for the FPV that controls the camera and makes it work. So now I feel like they did really check the aircraft. The part is $12. The total labor cost is $120. But that includes replacing the body shell and landing gear and wifi cables so you figure DJI probably charges $60/hr for labor so that's probably two hours. Well I asked the girl to involve someone who could resolve this. So she is going to get me a resolution. I only want the gimble fixed. I already fixed the gimble arms and replaced them with a new ribbon. The aircraft flies prefect still. It has a few cracks on the shell. Nobody on my end cares about that.

So we're at five weeks of wasted time. Three on DJI. And chances are, I'm going to be told they won't cover the crash. The moral of the story is, DJI has a serious disconnect with the front-end customer service and back-end repair departments. And what it's going to do is cost them a customer. If they cut an hour of labor off for just fixing the FPV cable, and eat that $72, they'll save a customer who plans on buying some serious equipment within the next year. $72. Remember, I just documented without a doubt where DJI has cost me three weeks. Is $72 worth that to DJI?
keep the updates coming cant wait to see how this turns out

We will have a resolution by the end of the week. I let them try and handle it. They couldn't. They are sending me a new, fixed or broken aircraft back by Friday. I'm not paying anything at this point.

the good the bad or the ugly we will see

Yep. I've just put the onus on DJI. I'm giving them an opportunity to do the right thing. I'm not asking for a brand new aircraft or the other parts they want to replace that would make it cosmetically perfect again. I'm asking them to eat $72 to keep a customer and make me a loyal customer.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Score DJI 3, FedEx 2.

So I called DJI back tonight and asked them to explain this one part I didn't recognize. It's a part for the FPV that controls the camera and makes it work. So now I feel like they did really check the aircraft. The part is $12. The total labor cost is $120. But that includes replacing the body shell and landing gear and wifi cables so you figure DJI probably charges $60/hr for labor so that's probably two hours. Well I asked the girl to involve someone who could resolve this. So she is going to get me a resolution. I only want the gimble fixed. I already fixed the gimble arms and replaced them with a new ribbon. The aircraft flies prefect still. It has a few cracks on the shell. Nobody on my end cares about that.

So we're at five weeks of wasted time. Three on DJI. And chances are, I'm going to be told they won't cover the crash. The moral of the story is, DJI has a serious disconnect with the front-end customer service and back-end repair departments. And what it's going to do is cost them a customer. If they cut an hour of labor off for just fixing the FPV cable, and eat that $72, they'll save a customer who plans on buying some serious equipment within the next year. $72. Remember, I just documented without a doubt where DJI has cost me three weeks. Is $72 worth that to DJI?
My DJI invoice depicts $60/hr labour rate.

Everyone I have talked to has been very nice and for the most part, seem helpful. Some have known more than others. You can tell. But it gets frustrating explaining the situation over and over again. Some people don't put notes in the conversation or they don't understand what the person before them wrote down. They may intend to find out but they forget or get distracted or just plain blow it off. You can only sit back and watch people fumble around for so long.

I try and let company procedures work out but in the end, there's always disconnect when people are involved because of the levels of management and departmentalization of procedures. The customer service process is so important to a successful company. I know people at the top speak about it over and over. But they only talk about it. They don't roll their sleeves up and get out in the field. They are shielded by disconnect and dysfunction because the bosses below them are trying to cover their butts. This is why I won't ever work in the corporate world again.

Update. They will take 15% off my bill. It's just a nightmare. The supervisor told me they would have covered it under warranty if I hadn't flown it after the crash. So whatever. They didn't care that they wasted all this time and all that. So I'm getting it fixed then changing manufactures. Now I need to know what is comparable to the Spreading Wings. That was my next purchase. I need to find a similar alternative. Any suggestions?

No manufacturer is perfect, and everyone has their own little horror story with one or the other.
With that said, Yuneec has a good track record for CS, although they too have had customers with nightmare scenarios. The Yuneec counterpart to a S900-S1000 would be the Tornado 920

That Tornado looks pretty sweet. I will look into that. I was thinking Yuneec. Thanks.

I think what I'll do is sell both of my Phantoms and replace them with the Yuneec Q500. I like the handheld feature with it too. Since I'm not buying an Osmo now, I'll get my handheld gimbal camera I need there. Then I'll get the Tornado. Yuneec looks good.

Last edited:
heard Tornado is a piece of junk

Reactions: GoodnNuff
seen a lot of videos on it spoke with a few people about it cause it spark my interest so after a lot of research on it decided no way

As said before, they all have their shortcomings. I own the P3P, P4, Q5004K and Solo (and a bunch of homebuilt stuff). They all have great things about them and they all have things that infuriate me. Not a single one of them is even close to perfect.
And still, if I were forced to choose and keep only one bird, it would be the P4.

Reactions: konidair
As said before, they all have their shortcomings. I own the P3P, P4, Q5004K and Solo (and a bunch of homebuilt stuff). They all have great things about them and they all have things that infuriate me. Not a single one of them is even close to perfect.
And still, if I were forced to choose and keep only one bird, it would be the P4.
get autel then you will have perfection

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20