Last minute check before I buy FPV

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this topic has been repeated over and over but I'm about to hit buy on a FPV system and just want to check to see if there is anything else I will need.

The shopping cart looks like this:

I am going to go down the Boscam route for a couple reasons. Firstly I like the idea of having matching components. Don't like the idea of mix and matching hoping it will work. Secondly I think this is a pretty good price for what you get and thirdly I think 400mw will be a good distance / power usage transmitter and hopefully with those antennas I should get quite a good range.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.03.42 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.03.42 pm.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 579
As your monitor is a diversity one why not have one of the antennas as a helical that way you have the widest coverage, close and distant.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

IrishSights said:
As your monitor is a diversity one why not have one of the antennas as a helical that way you have the widest coverage, close and distant.

Good point. I actually was going to get another antenna for the receiver so maybe helical is the way to go. Would this be better than one of those panel looking antennas? (Sorry don't know the name of them)

Hi, I was looking the same items today to buy and wondering do I need more wireing to connect transmitter with go pro3. Another question is, does phantom 2 have the power cable to connect with transmitter or do I have to buy exstra lipo battery for transmitter?

TK_Phantom said:
Hi, I was looking the same items today to buy and wondering do I need more wireing to connect transmitter with go pro3. Another question is, does phantom 2 have the power cable to connect with transmitter or do I have to buy exstra lipo battery for transmitter?
The P2 comes with a ready wired in cable and plug for the Zenmuse gimbel which takes the GoPro. Each make of transmitter comes with varying cables so you will need to connect it up. If you don't like soldering there are a few plug in hubs to connect most them up. Power comes from the P2. I have no experience of them though.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Joel_t said:
IrishSights said:

Good point. I actually was going to get another antenna for the receiver so maybe helical is the way to go. Would this be better than one of those panel looking antennas? (Sorry don't know the name of them)
Sorry, no experience of the planar type. Helicals have a narrow focused range so good for distance but need pointed at the aircraft.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

About connectors:

Manual says for monitor. Antennas Connectors:SMA male (inner needle). That means i have to get L Type SMA Male or W Type SMA Male?

Transmitter Specificaitons says. Antenna Connection: SMA-pin. That means i have to get L Type SMA Male or W Type SMA Male?

Thank you for your advice.

Joel_t said:
Hey guys,

I know this topic has been repeated over and over but I'm about to hit buy on a FPV system and just want to check to see if there is anything else I will need.

The shopping cart looks like this:

I am going to go down the Boscam route for a couple reasons. Firstly I like the idea of having matching components. Don't like the idea of mix and matching hoping it will work. Secondly I think this is a pretty good price for what you get and thirdly I think 400mw will be a good distance / power usage transmitter and hopefully with those antennas I should get quite a good range.

Thanks

antenna for Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW Transmitter TS353 is SMA male,
both L type and W type are OK

antenna for Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver is SMA Male too,
both L type and W type are OK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik