Large Lipo Storage Box

Reaction score
Hola, Can anyone suggest a large fireproof lipo storage box that can fit up to 8 P4P batteries? I have a few of the bags, but am looking for something larger. I've threads where people use old ammo boxes, but wonder if they are as safe as the standard lipo bags? Also, now that I ask the question, I'm guessing it may be better to store batteries separately rather than 8 in one box, because if one goes they all go.

Anyhow, any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Save your money.
They are not time-bombs.
My local hobby store has about 200 LiPos sitting on shelves at any time.

The danger is most present during charging, discharging, or if physically damaged.

DJI has done well in addressing the first two scenarios.

Many people fall into the trap of thinking LiPo Bags etc. stop fires or it spreading ... not true. What they do is contain it long enough to be able to remove or act to protect surroundings. NO LiPo bag is 100% fireproof ... they all disintegrate after a number of few minutes.

Knowing this and having seen personally what LiPo bags really do - I have them for limited use, but for carrying larger numbers as in a typical flying day for me ... I will have often more than 15 LiPo's of varying types / sizes up to 6S ... I have a foil lined picnic bag !! I can hear some already gasping ... Yes .. a Foil Lined Picnic bag designed to keep cold cold or hot hot ..
The bag itself being foil lined will slow down the spread of fire enough - that I can move it to safer place. I am not expecting to contain it wholly.

The Ammo box is a common used container - but note that many have found that it needs to be vented. There are videos out there showing unvented boxes and believe me - it is not something you want to have !! Vented is bad enough .. add pressurised box to it ... !!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj