Lanyard

Depending on which unit you have, you might also consider upgrading to the Inspire phone/tablet mount which is stronger than the stock mount and will provide a slightly better anchor for the lanyard strap.

Not necessarily true. The Inspire mount attaches to the controller's lanyard mount, so there's no real gain in strength.

That said the Inspire mount is definitely stronger than the Phantom 3 Standard's smartphone mount.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Or just knock off the missus shoe laces and tie them together.

How do you prevent the RC/tablet from tipping forward (controls/tablet) with a lanyard based tether?
The RC center of gravity is towards the rear of the RC in relation to the tether mount when you have a 9.7" tablet that the whole thing flops over unless I hold it. The point of this is to make it where you can let go of the RC.
I tried making something that I could counter the tip over tendency using a tether to my belt but you need an anchor point at the front and bottom but you only have a potential anchor in the rear and you need the belt tether to be able to stretch so you can push the RC away from you if needed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20