Lanyard, Where to get a Nice One

Reaction score
I'd like to find a nice adjustable lanyard. Don't mind spending a few bucks. I just don't want a shoelace type one. I can't find any good ones on google or amazon. To many crap ones come up to search through.

Did anyone pickup some nice ones online? Maybe ones with some nice logos? I had nice a Jagermeister one for years but found out the wife gave it to her mom just a few months ago [Smacks Face].

I'm trying to find a good one too --- one that has a VERY broad neck strap (maybe padded leather?) because most of the ones I find in stores are thin and it digs into my neck.

I think you might want to have a look at what the DSLR guys use.
Just guessing, never tried any.

Echoing the posters above, try searching for camera straps. That's what I use - took one from my gear bag that used to be on an old Canon. B+H Photo has some nice leather ones if you don't mind spending the coin. Most all of the TX straps I've seen are the narrow nylon webbing kind - not nearly as comfortable as a wide camera strap with padding right where you want it.

Cool. I particularly like the outstanding way the harness fits the sweater.

Amazon has some nice padded camera straps. I've got so much gear attached to the TX I needed something with wide neck padding. :lol:

I tried a lanyard but found those to be uncomfortable and unstable.

I have created a platform to hold my tx and repeater and smart phone.

I bought a platform used for stretching canvas at a hobby shop that sells canvas for artistic painters. It's 16'' by 12'' and has sides that are 1 inch raised. It makes a good table with sides that wont allow anything to roll off.

I got several feet of canvas strap (2 inches wide) that I attached velcro on each end and its match underneath my platform. The strap goes around my neck/shoulders to underneath the platform attached to the velcro catch. This strap holds the platform horizontally against my chest. I can also adjust how long the canvas strap is by moving the velcro ends under the platform which raises or lowers the platform end that's away from my chest. The side of the platform against my chest has a rubber strip that I tuck in my shirt resting on my shirt botton. This side keeps the platform from sliding down my stomach so the platform is horizontally stable.

On the top of the platform I have velcro strips that has its match attached to my tx/repeater/smartphone which I strategically arrange for easy use. They are comfortable to use and the velcro keeps them in place.

My platform reminds me of the old movies where you would see vendors carrying these tables of cigarettes and candy to sell at movies theaters. It works quite well and keeps all my equipment in front of me. It also allows me to operate the tx joysticks without using my "pinky fingers" to hold onto the remote controller.

Now, when I learn to fly better I'll be all set!

May be able to use a guitar strap if you want to go wider. Just slip the strap ends over mounting ring and clip a small snap to hold them

OI Photography said:
I've been using this one for a while and it's been great for me: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=65964

Mine is very similar to that, but the clip has a threaded barrel, similar to this one...

quick%20link2.JPG

No matter what type of clip I've used previously, they managed to come loose at some point and down goes the TX...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20