Landing platform.

Reaction score
Anyone ever build a landing platform? My flying area is mostly soft dirt and due to my handicap I can't catch as I have seen others do. I have been told the only criteria is the pattern or lack there of is the only concern. Any info would be welcome.

Any info would be welcome.

Cary,

I decided against a platform, it just becomes extra stuff to carry around. I have an oversized floor mat that I keep in the back of my car and just use that instead. I'm really just trying to keep the bird clean and/or dry with it.

For me, hand-catching became quite easy but I don't do it very often. I think it's good practice to land instead. There may be situations where you're unable to hand catch and if you can't land well you could create an issue. I also like to land in ATTI once in awhile just for practice in case I lose GPS on the way in.

Jerry

I use pieces of plywood @ 2'x2' or sometimes a plasticore 18" x 24" real estate sign pinned to the ground with two 8" long spike nails. Otherwise, I fly off of the hard tonneau cover on my truck.

The sign is one for my business so if I am ever legal for business use, the take off immediately shows my business information and contact info.

I use the shelf out of the back of my hatchback. It's felt, and comfy for my P3's little tootsies.

I did make an IMU calibration platform with a piece of plywood and 4 adjustable furniture legs... Works awesome,
provides a completely level surface.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl