Landing on grass slope

Reaction score
I have found an excellent flying site but the landing area is on a slope. It's a grass field. I'm worried about a tip over on landing. I've done about 50 flights with my p3a but always return to flat ground.

So hand catch or land and risk a tip over?

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally, when I hand-catch, I keep the AC above my head. I feel its safer as, IF I accidentally get too close it won't cut my head or take out an eye...

Thanks, quick answer!
So presume this is as simple as:

1. Stable hover about shoulder height
2. Take firm hold on one leg of the AC with one hand
3. With the other hand bring throttle quickly to zero as per a normal landing.

Reactions: monkeychops
Here's an example of how to do it:

I have found an excellent flying site but the landing area is on a slope. It's a grass field. I'm worried about a tip over on landing. I've done about 50 flights with my p3a but always return to flat ground.

So hand catch or land and risk a tip over?

You have an option to hand catch OR pick another (level) area if you are unsure about hand catching. Remember, safety is paramount. If you are unsure about something, then don't do it. Who cares what anyone else says. Question - so where will you take off? I assume somewhere level, or hand launch?

If you are uncomfortable with a hand catch you can always make a level landing site... A pizza box and some rocks to level it with and you have a safe level landing pad. Ive got a sizeable piece of plexi that i had cut into a circle. I use it when I need to make a level take off spot or just protect from mud, or debris if necc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues