Landing on a moving target

Reaction score
I want to fly my Phantom 3 too and from my boat, Ideally I'd like to be able to land on the boat while it is moving. I assume the auto land feature won't work as the drone will what to remain stationary and not follow the boat. Will changing mode avoid this? Also, is there a way to cut the motor from the transmitter without the auto land feature?

Thanks,

then with the other hand do a CSC (sticks to the bottom corners)
It would be easiest to pull the left stick down. The motors will stop after about 3 seconds.

Reactions: snowghost
Landing on The moving object? That is called a crash. The drone would need to be moving at the exact same speed and direction as the boat. Might want to have a ton of spare props available.

The boat can't simply be stopped for a few seconds?

Also, keep in kind that the RTH location is the location you took off from. So if you lose signal, the Phantom will fly away. I think I've heard the new software allows the RTH point to be changed but I don't think it's dynamic.

Dynamic home point data is transmitted every 5 seconds and updated so you can use it if your tablet/phone is GPS strong.

Launch and land with someone else holding your Phantom with two hands.
Good coms are key, let the person know when to let go and when to grab.
I've just finished a days filming the Americas Cup boats launching from a small 7m RIB in 18 - 20knts!
Watch out for spray from the bow of the boat too.

Dynamic home point data is transmitted every 5 seconds and updated so you can use it if your tablet/phone is GPS strong.

Correct.. but the landing spot will be where you triggered your RTH. So hope the boat stops for you to catch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31