Landing landing ! disconnected ..and I missed the exciting lake landing

Reaction score
The other day flying 350' high 3/4 miles away.. I start loseing connection and reconnecting repeaditly.. so I hit return to home a few times and Nutn .. then It connects real quick .. and says landing and dissconects .. so I freakout and grab the truck keys ..and head that way like a maniac.. holding my remote out the skylite in my caddy.. Any ways I found it! about a foot from the edge of a lake and camera and gimbal pieces ..sitting under the tree it must of gone thru sending me it's last message .. rotor obstructed... Well, I spent the last 12 hours or so putting it back together.. when I tested it out all worked just like it should.. then I started downloading the last flight video from the SD card to phone over the go app.. and I see quick flash like a welder and a fizzle and a puff of smoke out of the upper gimble and lights out.. ... So I tinkered with it like I new what iI was doing tryin to fix the fried chip with another broken camera board from my spare DJI p3 pro pile I gut goingon these days..and after staying up all night missing work and finally getting pissed with the time I've wasted ..I grab the wire cutters and cut into the gimble board PCB , just to stop me from trying repairing it again.. butt after a few minutes after I figured I'd try it again like that .. and really hopeing the hole thing would blowup when I pushed the batt. button on. And go buy a new one this weekend.. Butt!!to my amazement it works!!! I have all functions except gimble up/down. L & R...butt check out the damage I did to the board and it works now..the picture quality is unreal and it connects ts to like 16 satellites inside .. usually only get 2-3 .. butt only when I push down slightly just on this one spot or area on camera board ..butt I'm going to test fly it in a lil bit.. ( in a unpopulated area). Figured I'd share this because I'm rather amazed after all the parts I've ever tried fixing
47c737c642b9648cd7307d24f2135231.jpg
f8f929288660c0e07b2389dc7c965a5a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow e found I tend today ,...wtf this keyboard is forkin with me I just noticed thankz ........butt.... Holy crap ! I've Ben texing and emailing all day .. I'm so glad I logged back in here.. everybody has Ben asking me if I'm "feeling OK"... I was wondering why I had a bunch of odd comments today... Now I can understand why ...thank God I finally noticed .. just got this new cell two days ago. what Im typeing is being changed sumhow ??..Android marshmallow sucks... I still can't find the settings to make a normal Tex stick in the settings ...

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't think I was recording during the flight I posted about.. I found video on the SD in cam.. now I can see what was going on during auto landing troubles I had on that flight.. and I can see I got control back after its first attempted auto land ...I freaked out and tried getting higher to head home and bam lost it only to see auto landing and that was it..butt I don't understand why it did what it did .. I had 60℅ bat roughly . My RTH settings are all set rth.. butt like in the video if it's attempting to auto land shouldn't it head straight down? It looks like its drifting pretty fast as it landed.. butt sumhow the video stopped were it did . I wonder if it lost Gps count and went into atti...And I don't no how it was over in the tree you can see on the shore that's were I found it. Judging from the video it should be in the lake .. is there any hidden folders with flight video???? Because it's killing me not seeing how it managed not to have a drop of water on it when I found it 4ft from the water. With one motor twitching with a branch tangled up in the props .. but in my rush to see if my PCB surgery I did actually worked... It did the same thing ..flew great the bam! it says auto land on app and dissconected ..butt I got lucky again driving around to catch a GPS location on it.. it's in the biggest tree in the cemetery a mile away ..on the highest branch. And that's were it can stay!! as I'm tapeing a FPV camera setup on my camera/less p3 standard for rescue attempt in the morning [emoji12] .. butt any help on auto land without warning ,would be appreciated.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic